eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Post by Rob »

A poorly calibrated hihat pedal could certainly be responsible for that.
Superfish

Post by Superfish »

i have only 1 pad connected,
and its a new Yamaha XP125SD-X silicone pad.
Sensor System: Head sensor (piezo), rim sensor (piezo)

But i also just tried with the ATV Snare, and it was the same.

im using Midi Din in/out to the eDrumin10, so its only for triggering internal sound on the module and not Superior Drummer 3 etc...
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You have the MIDI monitor at your disposal. Take a screenshot and see what it's telling you.
Superfish

Post by Superfish »

i just made an awful video sorry about that, but it shows whats going on.
its like a infinite midi loop or something like that.
but have a look Rob.
https://youtu.be/vtA_nYLuFxM
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I can't view a private video. You need to make it unlisted.
Superfish

Post by Superfish »

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Yup, MIDI Monitor is working perfectly. It's showing that the Yamaha module is sending MIDI clock messages....and a lot of them. The MIDI monitor only remembers 1000 events, so when you scroll up to the first event, it's already been overwritten by new events.

I suppose I could add a toggle button to filter MIDI clock messages. I suspect you can turn them off on your Yamaha modules, though. No sense it wasting all that bandwidth.

UPDATE: I suspect this is cause by the DTX onboard sequencer. There's a syncMode option. Maybe take a look at that
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:59 am
Yup, MIDI Monitor is working perfectly. It's showing that the Yamaha module is sending MIDI clock messages....and a lot of them. The MIDI monitor only remembers 1000 events, so when you scroll up to the first event, it's already been overwritten by new events.

I suppose I could add a toggle button to filter MIDI clock messages. I suspect you can turn them off on your Yamaha modules, though. No sense it wasting all that bandwidth.

UPDATE: I suspect this is cause by the DTX onboard sequencer. There's a syncMode option. Maybe take a look at that
Not to ask for too much, but a filter to remove note off messages is something I was thinking about. I know they are important; but if I could toggle/filter them out I feel like there would be less scrolling.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Superfish

Post by Superfish »

Unfortunately there isnt any option to turn Midi clock message on the Yamaha module on/off.
So it is impossible to read the midi info now before its gone.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I think about it. Maybe next week.