eDRUMin version 2 BETA

dsteinschneider

Re: eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Post by dsteinschneider »

Hi Rob,

Thanks for making the video on Drum Maps!
hang12

Post by hang12 »

dsteinschneider wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:36 am
Hi Rob,

yah - ditto! Nice work - I'll definitely need to study it.

Been working on my own stuff but using v2 beta regularly. Now running build 31. I've got an observation, and a problem...

The application sometimes does crazy animations, like the buffer 'problem' during beta 1.6. e.g. I'll be working with the DAW and/or Max up front and switch over to the eDRUMin app, and there's all sorts of activity on the eDRUMin screen, but I'm not triggering/playing. Once with the HH pedal window open it was drawing all sorts of stuff by itself, and my foot wasn't even on the pedal. Things seem to work normally, but the app is acting kind of sketchy, like its mind is elsewhere.

Also - not sure if this is related to the v2 under-the-hood sensitivity tweaking, but on eDRUMin10 #2, input #2 - I have a PD-125 that triggers lots of notes with one stroke, unlike all the rest of the Roland PD-1xx's that I have. I first noticed the problem because not only was it flamming, but also triggering a lot of intermittent rim notes.
To troubleshoot, I tightened the head, changed the stand, swapped out the cable, swapped out the PD-125 with a PD-120, reset the firmware to factory, and re-loaded everything - and I'm still getting the same spray of note on/off's - regardless of hardware in place. When I hit the other adjacent PD pads I get a pair of note on/note off messages. But on this pad input, I get like 4 or 5 pairs of messages per stroke. Lots of stacked dots above Thresh. So I turned off crosstalk, boosted the threshold from 0.8 to like ~5.0 and that stopped the multiple triggers but it also killed the lower level sensitivity. Such that I really have to whack the rim to get a rim trigger with these settings - totally unlike the PD-125 sitting next to it. I've re-loaded the PD-125x preset, and matched the settings to my two other PD-125 pads, but this input and activity is not the same. Please advise to rid this of flam city.

EDIT: It was all in the DECAY adjustment. How the heck - wow that took a lot of swapping out of stuff and tweaking to get to this point.
Guess I had to gripe/post about it first, just to self-solve the issue.... :oops:
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

That buffer issue is a Windows issue--it tries to slow down USB communications (probably to save power). I've got a workaround to prevent Windows from slowing things down. Fixed in the next build.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 32 (firmware remains at build 31)
  • Fixed an issue where the 4th eDRUMin plugged into the USB Host port of an ED10 wouldn't be accessible.
  • Fixed a Windows issue that could result in delayed UI responsiveness, especially in the Pedal Editor.
MisterE

Post by MisterE »

hang12 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:43 pm
dsteinschneider wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:36 am
Hi Rob,

yah - ditto! Nice work - I'll definitely need to study it.

Also - not sure if this is related to the v2 under-the-hood sensitivity tweaking, but on eDRUMin10 #2, input #2 - I have a PD-125 that triggers lots of notes with one stroke, unlike all the rest of the Roland PD-1xx's that I have. I first noticed the problem because not only was it flamming, but also triggering a lot of intermittent rim notes.
To troubleshoot, I tightened the head, changed the stand, swapped out the cable, swapped out the PD-125 with a PD-120, reset the firmware to factory, and re-loaded everything - and I'm still getting the same spray of note on/off's - regardless of hardware in place. When I hit the other adjacent PD pads I get a pair of note on/note off messages. But on this pad input, I get like 4 or 5 pairs of messages per stroke. Lots of stacked dots above Thresh. So I turned off crosstalk, boosted the threshold from 0.8 to like ~5.0 and that stopped the multiple triggers but it also killed the lower level sensitivity. Such that I really have to whack the rim to get a rim trigger with these settings - totally unlike the PD-125 sitting next to it. I've re-loaded the PD-125x preset, and matched the settings to my two other PD-125 pads, but this input and activity is not the same. Please advise to rid this of flam city.

EDIT: It was all in the DECAY adjustment. How the heck - wow that took a lot of swapping out of stuff and tweaking to get to this point.
Guess I had to gripe/post about it first, just to self-solve the issue.... :oops:
I also experienced a couple of inputs doing this after the upgrade, and, like you, all it took was to redo the hold and decay settings. No issue in the end. A great feature of the eDRUMin is the GUI which allowed me to identify this matter quickly.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Tonight I sent a drum map to all of my devices from the ED10. I checked the ED4 and the GUI said the drum map was changed. I unplugged my laptop, because someone else in the family needed it. When I went to play the drums the ED4 pads did not have correct midi notes. After I got my laptop back the GUI still showed the correct drum maps but I confirmed the midi notes were not changed. Reloading the correct drum map from the ED4 corrected the issue.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Well if you didnt save your settings, then this is expected behavior.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:22 am
Well if you didnt save your settings, then this is expected behavior.
Pretty sure I had auto save on. Weird thing was the GUI on the top right showed the new drum map, but the midi notes didn’t change. I tried to reproduce it several times just now and nothing. I wouldn’t worry about it. Seems to work as expected the last several times I tried to reproduce.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's very possible that changing drum maps doesn't trigger auto-save on the child device. I'll look into it.
Superfish

Post by Superfish »

Hi Rob,

im not able to read any of the info on the new Midimonitor, info is coming in but its going so fast that i cant read it. Scroll on/of dont do any change. its just like a continuos stream even if i dont hit anything, is this normal?
I have connected my new Yamaha DTXPROX module with Midi Din in/out to my eDrumin10 that is connected to eDrumin4.
And running the latest beta.