eDRUMin version 2 Alpha

hang12

Re: eDRUMin version 2 Alpha

Post by hang12 »

b17 loaded nicely from b16. much different story than scary b15, yay. :o

Ventured into the HH and splash detection - VH12 works really well! Didn't tweak much at all, but feel is really nice and sensitive.

Some phantom triggering started occurring, on eDRUMin10 #1 of the 2 eDRUMin10's. The #1 position trigger has two PD-8's on it and it/they have never triggered on their own before in v1.6 - it's the 2nd of the two pads. I am using what was the set-up inherited from v1.6. I'll try wiggling around cables and stuff, but this is new. Happens every 30 seconds or so, then kind of goes away, then a single (kind of low velocity) hit makes a sound. I haven't tweaked any sensitivity values (or anything) on those particular trigger settings. Not playing the kit at all when it occurs (might not have noticed otherwise). It does register as a hit on the eDRUMin app. Will report in if it keeps up.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

hang12 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:28 pm
Some phantom triggering started occurring, on eDRUMin10 #1 of the 2 eDRUMin10's. The #1 position trigger has two PD-8's on it and it/they have never triggered on their own before in v1.6 - it's the 2nd of the two pads. I am using what was the set-up inherited from v1.6. I'll try wiggling around cables and stuff, but this is new. Happens every 30 seconds or so, then kind of goes away, then a single (kind of low velocity) hit makes a sound. I haven't tweaked any sensitivity values (or anything) on those particular trigger settings. Not playing the kit at all when it occurs (might not have noticed otherwise). It does register as a hit on the eDRUMin app. Will report in if it keeps up.
There was one tiny change I made that could be responsible for this, but ultimately adjusting your threshold to make it a bit less aggressive will resolve the issue.

I'm looking at implementing a sort of calibration function to compensate for tiny differences in resistor values in the input stages. Done right, it would allow for lower thresh values. I'm not sure how much sensitivity could be gained and it might be better just leave it as is.
MisterE

Post by MisterE »

Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:11 am
hang12 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:28 pm
There was one tiny change I made that could be responsible for this, but ultimately adjusting your threshold to make it a bit less aggressive will resolve the issue.

I'm looking at implementing a sort of calibration function to compensate for tiny differences in resistor values in the input stages. Done right, it would allow for lower thresh values. I'm not sure how much sensitivity could be gained and it might be better just leave it as is.
If you can enable lower threshold values without introducing noise or other potential challenges, I would be interested in this. The lowest I can go in practical terms for the snare is 0.5 or 0.6. If you could get it to 0.3 that might be beneficial.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

MisterE wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:39 am
If you can enable lower threshold values without introducing noise or other potential challenges, I would be interested in this. The lowest I can go in practical terms for the snare is 0.5 or 0.6. If you could get it to 0.3 that might be beneficial.
Same for me--On my PD125 that's low enough to pick up even the softest of ghost notes. I'm guessing the issue is that your cone isn't making contact with your drum head. It's worth looking into at least.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 18
  • Fixed MIDI Monitor not indicating when pedal MIDI event was sent to UHP device.
  • Fixed display issues in the external MIDI Routing area.
  • Fixed 'Custom Notes' selector images are all kit kick drums on version 1.6 devices.
  • Fixed pad type images of dual mono input for version 1.6 devices.
  • Preset Manager will no longer display presets made with new (future) versions of the Control Application.
  • Added information to tooltip for debugging compatibility issues.
  • Relaxed the compatibility issue detection threshold to reduce chance of false positives.
  • Changing option 'Use note numbers' will now update the drum map editor.
  • Added checkbox for loading drum map stored in device presets.
  • Sending a drum map via a device preset will now properly update the map shown in the UI.
  • Checkbox states when loading presets are now remembered.
  • Updated Roland and Superior Drummer Ride cymbal kit piece so that positional sensing CC 17 is set out of the box.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 19 (firmware remains at build 18)
  • Updated 2Box drum map
  • Fixed issues with enabling choke notes in the drum map editor.
MisterE

Post by MisterE »

Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:27 am
MisterE wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:39 am
Same for me--On my PD125 that's low enough to pick up even the softest of ghost notes. I'm guessing the issue is that your cone isn't making contact with your drum head. It's worth looking into at least.
Hi Rob,
My pad is an ATV 13" snare with three cones. I believe it's functioning perfectly and the cones are all contacting with the head. What I was trying to convey by saying, "The lowest I can go in practical terms for the snare is 0.5 or 0.6." was that below 0.5 or 0.6 I can start to pick up noise. I think that if I could enable a setting of 0.3 without introducing noise, I might benefit from that additional sensitivity.

This isn't something that I would consider a development priority, but if it's something you're already working on, I might benefit from it.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Post by Rob »

hang12 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:10 am

I got the prompt “you have unsaved settings that will be lost Do you want to continue?” I clicked OK and nothing happened other than OK turned more green (sat there highlighted). I clicked cancel and ‘Cancel’ turned more yellow (highlighted), but nothing happened again. Frozen black screen. I clicked the upper left quit button and exited.
I was finally able to reproduce this issue today on iOS. I've got a bulletproof fix now.
hang12

Re: eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Post by hang12 »

Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:48 am
I was finally able to reproduce this issue today on iOS. I've got a bulletproof fix now.
Fraid to ask how you made it happen. ;) glad I wasn't just imagining it all.

We at beta yet? I loaded up b19 (whatever the latest is) and it works pretty well.
Although I'm kind of staying on Main Street, away from dark alleys, because I just want to play sometimes, mostly.
Stability counts too!

I tweaked the threshold up a very slight bit for the phantom triggering - and it went away. Because it did initially greet me immediately when I loaded up b19 for the first time.

Thanks!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

hang12 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:45 am
We at beta yet? I loaded up b19 (whatever the latest is) and it works pretty well.
Although I'm kind of staying on Main Street, away from dark alleys, because I just want to play sometimes, mostly.
Stability counts too!
Ya, we're probably at BETA. I've got things working well on iOS. I'm going to spend tomorrow setting up my kit from scratch on macOS and iOS. Assuming everything is in order, I'll start a new thread for the first BETA build.