eDRUMin version 2 Alpha

Dadwrshpdrum

Re: eDRUMin version 2 Alpha

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:51 am
Posted build 16. Just a very small change to the handling on the confirmation dialog.
Build 16 did not work well on ED4. I had ED4 set to all custom notes before upgrade. After upgrade everything was a kick and drum kit pieces. The triggers settings were wrong too. I did update on ED10 first, no issues. Next updated ED4 (unplugged ED10 and plugged in ED4). Looks like the velocity curve was wrong, plus I saw some other issues as well. When I switched to custom notes for all the pads it did not recover to original pad types.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I think you probably missed the post below. If your device had firmware less than build 9, then that's expected. Can you please confirm which firmware was running on the device before you updated?
Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:34 am
I've posted build 9.

The drum maps now define 32 kit pieces. I had to rearrange the location of stuff saved to EEPROM. As a result, if you are already running version 2.0.0.x on an ED4, you will need to factory reset the device and reload a saved device preset, which you should be able to do without needing to downgrade back to version 1.6. ED10 devices will be unaffected.

After you update to version 2.0.0.9, load a factory drum map onto your devices. Drum maps from version 2.0.0.8 and earlier drum maps will look all mixed up due to changing the number of kit pieces.

Change in build 9
  • Increased the number of kit pieces in drum maps, spanning them over two pages.
  • Added more kit piece images to choose from.
  • Stopped locking the preset list when editing a drum map, and will instead show a confirmation if settings might be lost.
  • Possibly fixed an issue when dismissing a confirmation before updating firmware.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 17
  • Fixed Hihat Cymbal triggering drum map notes even when hihat is set to 'Custom' notes.
  • Prevent closing Control Application during firmware update.
  • The kit piece selector will now automatically change pages so that the selected input's kit piece is always visible.
  • Fixed 'CC only with hit' control not working.
  • Fixed Footswitch layout issues.
  • Fixed Preset Manager Version indicator not working with some presets.
  • Fixed sending version < 2.0 pedal preset to version 2 device not setting default splash setting.
  • Updated Manual.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:09 am
I think you probably missed the post below. If your device had firmware less than build 9, then that's expected. Can you please confirm which firmware was running on the device before you updated?
Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:34 am
I've posted build 9.

The drum maps now define 32 kit pieces. I had to rearrange the location of stuff saved to EEPROM. As a result, if you are already running version 2.0.0.x on an ED4, you will need to factory reset the device and reload a saved device preset, which you should be able to do without needing to downgrade back to version 1.6. ED10 devices will be unaffected.

After you update to version 2.0.0.9, load a factory drum map onto your devices. Drum maps from version 2.0.0.8 and earlier drum maps will look all mixed up due to changing the number of kit pieces.

Change in build 9
  • Increased the number of kit pieces in drum maps, spanning them over two pages.
  • Added more kit piece images to choose from.
  • Stopped locking the preset list when editing a drum map, and will instead show a confirmation if settings might be lost.
  • Possibly fixed an issue when dismissing a confirmation before updating firmware.
Yes, it was v8. Thanks
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

I set up a drum kit pieces preset today. Pretty easy. However two issues. On ED4 input 1 is snare. Even though I changed SS articulation to 76 for rimclick the SS remains at 37 for sidestick. I reload the drum kit preset and no change. So that seems to be a bug. Then on kick I use the open MIDI note for kick, which is 34, (ie not the bury the beater midi note) but MIDi remains at 36. So looks like a bug.

Other observation, the ride cymbal loses positional sensing in drum kit pieces.

Finally, auto select between ED10 and ED4 appears to have glitches. Does not autoselect back to ED4. Also went I try to manually select ED4 that does not work either. I have to turn autoselect off then select ED4, and I need to reopen the app too with autoselect off to manually select ED4.

Update: also on ED4 HH kit pieces is not working. Even though I have bow and edge set to 8 and 9, it remains at 42 and 22. Also I have kit pieces select yet I’m looking at the velocity curve not the kit pieces. This was a one time observation. I restarted app and I could not reproduce.

I did originally have Roland as the drum map for ED4 whereas ED10 had SD3. I created by SD3 FOR preset in ED10. All my Ed10 pads worked correctly. However, ED4 seems stuck on Roland kit pieces even though I have SD3 FOR preset selected.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks. I will investigate. Can you confirm that after you edited the drum map, you double-clicked to send it to the device?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Dadwrshpdrum wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:59 am
I set up a drum kit pieces preset today. Pretty easy. However two issues. On ED4 input 1 is snare. Even though I changed SS articulation to 76 for rimclick the SS remains at 37 for sidestick. I reload the drum kit preset and no change. So that seems to be a bug. Then on kick I use the open MIDI note for kick, which is 34, (ie not the bury the beater midi note) but MIDi remains at 36. So looks like a bug.
I just tested and I had no issues. Make sure you save the drum map after editing, and double click it to send it to your device.
Other observation, the ride cymbal loses positional sensing in drum kit pieces.
image.png
image.png (7.63 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Yup, looks like an issue with the drum map. It's set to send CC0 instead of 17. I'll fix that.
Finally, auto select between ED10 and ED4 appears to have glitches. Does not autoselect back to ED4. Also went I try to manually select ED4 that does not work either. I have to turn autoselect off then select ED4, and I need to reopen the app too with autoselect off to manually select ED4.
I couldn't immediately reproduce this, but I'll keep an eye out.
Update: also on ED4 HH kit pieces is not working. Even though I have bow and edge set to 8 and 9, it remains at 42 and 22. Also I have kit pieces select yet I’m looking at the velocity curve not the kit pieces. This was a one time observation. I restarted app and I could not reproduce.
When you set an input as 'Hihat Cymbal', then the notes it uses depend on how your hihat pedal is setup. If the hihat pedal is set to 'Custom Notes' then you hihat cymbal will also use it's custom notes. If the hihat pedal is set to '

If you hihat pedal is set to 'Hihat Kit Piece', then it will draw it's notes from the drum map.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:14 am
Thanks. I will investigate. Can you confirm that after you edited the drum map, you double-clicked to send it to the device?
I created the custom preset on ED10 preset manager. I double clicked it to load to ED10. Then I assigned kit pieces to ED10 pads. Then I selected the ED4 device, opened the preset manager and double clicked the user preset. Then I assigned kit pieces. Appears the midi numbers are still Roland map not an SD3 based map. I also tried the send the map to devices option.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thank-you for the clarification. I assume your ED4 is connected to the host port of the ED10?
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:19 am
Thank-you for the clarification. I assume your ED4 is connected to the host port of the ED10?
Yes, also I just now connected the ED4 directly to the laptop and the drum map kit pieces updated correctly. Also I did do that HH change you suggested. That worked changing the pedal and cymbals both to Kit pieces. Update: I set the pedal to kit pieces and I set the two hit hat cymbals to kit pieces HH, but they are not linked. No CC. However if I leave HH cymbals to HH cymbal and pedal to kit pieces the linkage is there, CC4 works.

Lastly when I plugged ED4 back into USB hub and ED10 into the computer the autoselect and manually selecting ED4 reappeared. At times when I tried to select ED4 the upper display remained 10 inputs but grey. Also I think the midi may have froze. Anyways I power cycled the ED10. Works fine now. Before I think it had last power cycled after I updated to latest beta. (I don’t leave ED4 plugged into hub when I update ED10).