Dadwrshpdrum

Re: eDRUMin version 2 Alpha

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

dsteinschneider wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:00 am
monospace wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:22 pm
Version 2.0.0.13 killed my ED4.
@monospace - don't you know not to load the thirteenth version of alpha software :lol:
There has to be at least one test case. Hahaha.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:03 pm
By using the Hihat Cymbal pad function, it opens up the option to have more than one hihat cymbal associated with a hihat pedal. It also makes it possible to have either the tip or ring of a dual mono input serve as the hihat cymbal.
I’m catching up with the HH discussion. I’m a bit slow this week catching up with latest releases. However, I really really like how V2 handles the HH pedal and the cymbals. I understand the “link” option was easy to understand, but this new feature in V2 makes an x-hat extremely simple using a single HH pedal. I like it a lot. From what I can tell Rob has improved it even more with build 14. I’ll check it out when I can. Hard to impress someone when they are already impressed though!
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

After version 2.0 is done, in version 2.1 think I'll allow devices connected to USB Host port to be remapped as well.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I posted build 15. No update to the firmware on this build, which should remain at build 14,
  • Removed tool tip for page 1 / page 2 buttons in kit piece selector.
  • Fixed tooltip for kit piece selector.
  • Fixed issue when switching from Page 2 kit pieces to an input that is set to 'Custom Notes'.
  • Fixed flickering 'Independent' switch when switch advanced on and off.
  • Fixed an issue where changing the pad type wouldn't update note control / sense controls.
  • Changed the 'Don't update when connected to a hub' warning so it only shows when you click 'Update'.
  • Performance Optimizations
  • Cosmetic Improvements
hang12

Post by hang12 »

Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:09 am
I posted build 15. No update to the firmware on this build, which should remain at build 14,
  • Removed tool tip for page 1 / page 2 buttons in kit piece selector.
  • Fixed tooltip for kit piece selector.
  • Fixed issue when switching from Page 2 kit pieces to an input that is set to 'Custom Notes'.
  • Fixed flickering 'Independent' switch when switch advanced on and off.
  • Fixed an issue where changing the pad type wouldn't update note control / sense controls.
  • Changed the 'Don't update when connected to a hub' warning so it only shows when you click 'Update'.
  • Performance Optimizations
  • Cosmetic Improvements
Wow just loaded b15 and it took out my 2nd eDRUMin10. Tried re-booting, deleting the v2.0, etc, 2nd unit is totally missing in action. The v2 app thought it was an eDRUMin4 after it doused its firmware. By the way, got the same old freeze up on the 2nd device firmware update, as reported a number of times. Reload of v1.6 will not show 2nd eDRUMin10 - this is the first time this has happened - ugh.
Please send me those instructions ASAP!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Posted build 16. Just a very small change to the handling on the confirmation dialog.
Rabidreject

Post by Rabidreject »

Hey Rob,
Its stopped crashing on me now by the way,!
IU was trying to use bell sense on the hi hat to get a second zone which you said I could so I went back to it and it now does have the correct bell label; but when I change the notwes it doesnt affect it. Same with the standard edge zone. It also doesnt light up when you strike it in either zones in the hi hat window.
Basically I cant seem to change the hi hat note assignments and it actually take effect. Tried it on both a user preset for the note assign one and then same in the banks option. Very oddd...
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

I really like the new hi-hat features, I've been able to dial it in better then ever previously. I just ordered the Honeywell SS49E anyway. I saved my current setup and started a new one from scratch. Haven't encountered any bugs yet
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Rabidreject wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:36 pm
Hey Rob,
Its stopped crashing on me now by the way,!
Great!
IU was trying to use bell sense on the hi hat to get a second zone which you said I could so I went back to it and it now does have the correct bell label; but when I change the notwes it doesnt affect it. Same with the standard edge zone. It also doesnt light up when you strike it in either zones in the hi hat window.
Ya there appears to be a bug there. If the hihat pedal is set to 'Custom Notes', it is still triggering the notes stored in the drum map. As a workaround for now, you can simply edit your hihat assignments in your drum map. You're right, those hihat cymbal note controls don't light up in the pedal editor. I guess if the selected hihat level matches the current position of the pedal, it would make sense to make them light up, but that might just add more confusioon. I'll give it some more thought.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

dsteinschneider wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:00 pm
I really like the new hi-hat features, I've been able to dial it in better then ever previously. I just ordered the Honeywell SS49E anyway. I saved my current setup and started a new one from scratch. Haven't encountered any bugs yet
Great. That's the perfect kind of test. I'm into manual writing mode today. Sure are a lot of changes and new documentation to write.