eDRUMin version 2 Alpha

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 2 Alpha

Post by Rob »

By using the Hihat Cymbal pad function, it opens up the option to have more than one hihat cymbal associated with a hihat pedal. It also makes it possible to have either the tip or ring of a dual mono input serve as the hihat cymbal.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Rabidreject wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:46 am
Yeah that’s what I was doing - loading a factory preset, clicking the duplicate button, loading that so it’s not a factory preset and then the arrows don’t reappear.
You must edit the drum map in the Preset Manager before sending it to the device.
I must confess that when I did it promptly crashed though but I assume that’s an ongoing thing you are working on because iv asked multiple times, posted crash reports and not heard huge amounts from you. It’s either that your working on it or you simply think it’s my Mac that’s doing it. I’d you could let me know either way so I can take steps with my Mac if it is that.
Posted build 13.
No new firmware in this build, just fixed some potential crashes. Hopefully this takes care of the issues Rabidreject is seeing.
It's obviously not happy with the environment on your computer, but I still fault the program. I'm working hard to resolve the issue. Let me know if build 13 still crashes.
Rabidreject

Post by Rabidreject »

Will do!
As always thanks so much Rob.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Version 2.0.0.13 killed my ED4.

I got the dreaded "You have unsaved settings that will be lost" message that has shown up ever since 1.6.x, but that never really had any adverse effect, up until now.

I unplugged, replugged, power-cycled & rebooted the computer. I'll try reverting back to 1.6.x but it's not looking good.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

monospace wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:22 pm
Email me support at audiofront dot net and I'll send you a document telling you how to recover your device. I think I might know what is causing that crash and I'll make changes for the next build.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Thanks Rob. For those following along at home: I was able to recover the ED4 thanks to Rob's instructions, and all is well again.
I'll wait for the next build before trying this again. :D
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:03 pm
By using the Hihat Cymbal pad function, it opens up the option to have more than one hihat cymbal associated with a hihat pedal. It also makes it possible to have either the tip or ring of a dual mono input serve as the hihat cymbal.
Ah, ok... I see. Now I got it. Then, we should be fine if the hihat cymbal is set to notes of the hihat kit piece when selecting the
pedal as kit piece.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

monospace wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:22 pm
@monospace - don't you know not to load the thirteenth version of alpha software :lol:
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I posted build 14.

Changes
  • Changed handling of closing Confirmation dialogs to hopefully prevent a possible crash.
  • Fixed the logic around inputs set to 'Hihat Cymbal' as discussed in the forum.
  • Added indicators to differentiate crashes, toms, and extra cymbals.
  • Improved the Rack Tom icon so it can change colors.
  • Added another rack tom image so maps can now have a total of 5 rack toms--tell me if you need more.
  • Cosmetic improvements.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:37 am
I posted build 14.

Changes
  • Added another rack tom image to a maps can now have a total of 5 rack toms--tell me if you need more.
Dangerous to ask e-drummers if they need more of anything! Haha. Personally I think you have done more than enough. I do appreciate the 5 Toms because I am a user with 5 toms.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.