Re: eDRUMin version 2 Alpha

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:35 am
mprinz wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:31 am
But how do I set this up?
Not sure what you are asking.
The button to select impact or pedal is towards the top right of the pedal editor screen. Above the velocity curve.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

How to set up the hihat cymbal to pedal input link within DMKP mode...
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I see what you are saying. Let me think about that one some more.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I guess the way it *should* work is as follows:

If the input is set to 'Hihat Cymbal' and the pedal is set not set to Hihat Levels, then...
If the hihat pedal is set to 'Hihat Kit Piece', the cymbal should pull its notes from the hihat kit piece.
And if the hihat pedal is set to 'Custom Notes', then the cymbal will also use its 'Custom Notes'

...so complicated. That should work for you right?
Rabidreject

Post by Rabidreject »

‘Of course you should be able to edit the mappings.

Try this:
1. Go to the factory drum map.
2. Select one of the maps and click the box with a plus sign in it.

This should automatically load the drum map and make it editable. If you still can't edit it after step 2, please take a screenshot so I can see what you are seeing.‘

Yeah that’s what I was doing - loading a factory preset, clicking the duplicate button, loading that so it’s not a factory preset and then the arrows don’t reappear.

I’m not at my kit or Mac right now but will test it when I’m there.

I just wanted to let you know, I was recording all day yesterday and used v2.10 or 2.11 I can’t remember your progress is so quick! Pretty sure it was 11. The one before what’s the newest now.
Anyway the result was great, had no real triggering problems or major workflow issues - in fact I barely had to load the edrumin app at all.
I must confess that when I did it promptly crashed though but I assume that’s an ongoing thing you are working on because iv asked multiple times, posted crash reports and not heard huge amounts from you. It’s either that your working on it or you simply think it’s my Mac that’s doing it. I’d you could let me know either way so I can take steps with my Mac if it is that.

Will test the preset thing I mentioned above again and if there’s a bug will post visual info for you.

Hey Rob there’s something I thought of the other day.
I seem to remember watching a review of the newest Roland TD-50(x?) I dunno exactly what it’s called. The one they released with the digital upgrade pack.
Anyway, I seem to remember the guy from the edrum workshop (he did your review) and I seem to remember him saying it supports recording MIDI over USB but it actually chucks it into a multichannel output. Now…I MAY have this confused and he MIGHT have been saying it supports multitrack AUDIO out. I’m not sure - it would make WAY
more sense for it to do the audio over multi track as I do understand you can, if you want, seperate all the kick notes etc by dragging them into the kick channel.
Obviously this can’t be done with a .Wav file so that would probably make more sense.
If it is audio out on multi channels, then it makes sense why the ED devices can’t do it coz they have no audio but if it supports multitrack midi out via USB is there a reason why edrumin doesn’t support this.
I do understand that when you set up ezdrummer (and I’m sure all other VSTS) in a multi output scenario and then wire each output on the mixer of ezdrummer to each corresponding input of logic (or other DAW), it actually doesn’t matter that all the midi data is in the same channel strip and it still plays through the channel stack or seperate channels however you set it up.

I guess there is no overt question, I’m just wondering if you could clear that up for me quickly.
It probably is audio that I’m thinking of as it’s kind of redundant having multichannel midi data. It just looks strange not having any info in the drum channels other than the first one with everything in.
just curious…
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

The weird thing is, I can set the pad function to either HiHat cymbal or kit piece.
For me it should be like:

Selecting Pad function kit piece and then the link to the pedal via clicking pad type hihat.
But then eDRUMin dont know the which pedal input.

Hm, together with the kit piece mode the "link" button was more intuitive ... for me.
And independent from the pad function.

What you propose will work of course but it's somehow not consistent.
I would it like to be like this:

In the kit preset always define together with the kit piece "HiHat" the pedal input.
AND with regard to my question yesterday also being able to define a second custom hihat piece with pedal input link.
:D
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

ehhh you edited your post... Rob.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

I actually missed that the pedal can be a kit piece. ok.... but still edrumin need to know the link.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

mprinz wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:53 am

Hm, together with the kit piece mode the "link" button was more intuitive ... for me.
And independent from the pad function.
would be ...