eDRUMin version 2 Alpha

Rabidreject

Re: eDRUMin version 2 Alpha

Post by Rabidreject »

Hey I just updated again and the symbols are fixed - maybe I changed to note banks on the ED4 that was being weird I cant remember.

Anyway, im still confused.

If I load a preset on the Kit piece section, how do I edit the mapping of an extra cymbal for example. If the box is greyed out and you have disabled the bug that meant you could use the scroll wheel. Im sure im using the default preset mode or something but I did replicate the Superior drummer pre-set and loaded it so surely that should then allow me to change my extras? or is that not the idea at all? is it simply for people who use the standard drum config the way you have set it out and with the pieces you have added (not complaining about that its a v comprehensive selection, I just like to have cymbals like spinal tap lol

Is the idea for someone like me to just keep using banks mode for those extras? or is there a way to change the presets mapping - there must be because otherwise why alow us to create our own presets if you cant change the mapping in them? Or is it more for changing the other variables - like everything OTHER than the mapping. Maybe thats the point - im stilll not sure!

EDIT: DAAANG - was about to say the quitted unexpectedly things not happening anymore but I spoke too soon! Soon as I started playing it crashed....Is it just me this is happening to? Its SUPER ANNOYING! I'm going to purchase the new SSD to instal into my Macbook pro to get it working again later so hopefully I will be able to test it on a mac with decent specs soon!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Of course you should be able to edit the mappings.

Try this:
1. Go to the factory drum map.
2. Select one of the maps and click the box with a plus sign in it.

This should automatically load the drum map and make it editable. If you still can't edit it after step 2, please take a screenshot so I can see what you are seeing.

I'm about to post build 12 with some important bug fixes and improvements. I tried and failed to make the app crash for more than an hour today, but I will try again tomorrow. I suspect that crash is one of the last issues to resolve before this Alpha can be a Beta and I can start working on the manual and some videos.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I posted build 12.
  • Fixed a bug where page 2 kit pieces would always trigger 'Custom Notes' instead of the set kit piece.
  • Fixed a crash when editing a kit piece image and switching to device or pedal presets.
  • Fixed Record Assist indictor not going away when switching the pad function.
  • If the Preset Manager is open, and drum maps are selected, clicking on the Drum Map button will now close the Preset Manager.
  • Hide page1 and page2 buttons if input is set to 'Custom Notes'
  • Added hihat pedal velocity Indicator.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Rob wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:48 pm
mprinz wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:04 pm
So I can load the old 1.6 input presets but not my todays device snapshots from the v2 build before the EPROM thing.
Yup, definitely a bug. Must have cropped up around build 2.0.0.4. I'll fix it today. Unfortunately it's a firmware issue (device sends the wrong data), and any saved version 2 device presets will contain garbage information.
:oops: :shock: :oops: :shock:

Oh, yeaheee. I mean I got some presets from September '21 and today I changed the meshheads of sidesnare, snare and kick drum.
So, I had to tweak the settings anyway.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Thanks for your great work!

Manuel
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Ok, I will use the DMKP to switch to a chromatic scale or to Ableton Live drum racks assignments.

But I need two hihats with two controllers within one drum map. Is it possible?
And - would it be possible to change drum maps via MIDI messages?

Could it be, that the HiHat X-Talk control is not working?
I get no feedback, and cranking it up does not have any effect.

Greetings

Manuel
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Posted build 13.

No new firmware in this build, just fixed some potential crashes. Hopefully this takes care of the issues Rabidreject is seeing.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

mprinz wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:57 pm
But I need two hihats with two controllers within one drum map. Is it possible?
No, it's not possible. But if one hihat uses the drum map, and the other uses Custom Notes, then that should work.
And - would it be possible to change drum maps via MIDI messages?
No.
Could it be, that the HiHat X-Talk control is not working?
I get no feedback, and cranking it up does not have any effect.
Should be working, I'll test later today. Are you using 'Pedal' or 'Impact' method?
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Hi Rob, it's on pedal mode.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's working over here.
image.png
image.png (103.54 KiB) Viewed 915 times
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Hmm ok, if I am using the pad as HaHat cymbal it does, but a a hihat kit piece ..it doesn't.
Sorry, the problem is in front of the screen. But how do I set this up?