Snare Head response

A collection of useful threads for troubleshooting issues.
thenewdrummer

Snare Head response

Post by thenewdrummer »

I was wondering if I missed some settings or if there is a problem with my build.

When I hit right in the middle the sensitivity of the trigger is good but when I hit the rest of the head (maybe 2 or 3 inch off center) the sensitivity is way too low.

I had to lower the sensitivity of the trigger so that I don't have a hotspot and also tighten it very hard. I think it's worse since tightening like that but otherwise the hotspot is too present.

So is there's something to have a more equal response?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Snare Head response

Post by Rob »

This is a DIY build? Was hotspot suppression control working for you? If not, you likely do have issues with your build. It you get hotspot suppression working properly, you won't find the off-center hits are too low in terms of sensitivity. I would suggest looking at some of the threads in the DIY / troubleshooting forum as a start. Giving more information about your build would also be helpful.
perceval

Post by perceval »

There are so many variables when using a DIY pad.

Mesh tension is one, but there's also trigger height, foam cone density, foam cone size, amount of double-sided tape used, piezo size, mounting system, etc....

if you share a bit more of your setup, it might help trying to see what's going on.
thenewdrummer

Post by thenewdrummer »

We've already talks a lot about mesh tension and trigger placement etc in another thread.

I was just wondering if there was other settings for that but it doesn't seem so.

So something is wrong but I don't know what. I even tried different trigger brand.

Thanks for the reply.
perceval

Post by perceval »

The eDRUMin has a LOT of settings, and each of them very customizable. It's quite easy to dial in a pad usually.

I'd suggest to look up a proven DIY design, follow it to the letter. Sometimes, we change a little thing, thinking it shouldn't matter.... and too often, it does! :)

Good luck!