ATV ride: can't select Roland 3-Zone Ride pad type

A collection of useful threads for troubleshooting issues.
sdbro75

ATV ride: can't select Roland 3-Zone Ride pad type

Post by sdbro75 »

First of all: eDrumin is incredible! I'm in the very early days of exploring all of it's potential, but so far I'm nothing but impressed.

I have just received ATV cymbals, and I'm in the process of configuring them.

The manual says: "If you plan two use both connections for 3-way triggering, connect them to two adjacent inputs as shown in the image below. Next,
set the pad type of the BOW / EGDE input to ‘Roland 3-Zone Ride’ and the second input will automatically be marked as ‘Bell’"

However, the Roland 3-Zone Ride option is greyed out, and I cannot select it in the 'pad type' screen - I have attached a screenshot:
Pad type screen.JPG
Pad type screen.JPG (161.63 KiB) Viewed 833 times
One other question: I am trying to set up the bell on the ATV 14" hi-hat (bit silly since I can only think of one song I know that uses it, but hey - if I can, I want to!), and the three zones are mostly working well, except the bell is being detected about an inch too far from the bell: what is the best way to adjust this?
Mylo

Re: ATV ride: can't select Roland 3-Zone Ride pad type

Post by Mylo »

Where and which version of the manual are you reading?

For the ED10 you plug the bell below the bow/edge.

Page 9 of the 1.5.0.19 manual from the Downloads page.
2B471F1B-DD2B-48E9-BAF3-52176FC3CA6D.jpeg
2B471F1B-DD2B-48E9-BAF3-52176FC3CA6D.jpeg (614.01 KiB) Viewed 829 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

sdbro75 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:46 am
One other question: I am trying to set up the bell on the ATV 14" hi-hat (bit silly since I can only think of one song I know that uses it, but hey - if I can, I want to!), and the three zones are mostly working well, except the bell is being detected about an inch too far from the bell: what is the best way to adjust this?
That sounds like a mechanical issue with your pad. Does it only happen when you hit the pad hard or does it also happen when you hit it softly too? How new is it?
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

I’m using a 14” ATV for my hi-hat. I use the CY-8 setting for Bell Sense with a threshold to 40. It could be my imagination but it seems to work best with CY-8.

Rob, what does selecting different cymbal types for Bell Sense actually do?
Last edited by Mylo on Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Different algorithms. It's pretty complicated stuff, but the Vh-8 is the most generic of the bunch which explains why it sort of works for your ATV cymbal.