Hotspot not detected

A collection of useful threads for troubleshooting issues.
Sly

Re: Hotspot not detected

Post by Sly »

MWJT42 wrote:
Sly wrote:
MWJT42 wrote:Post some pics and we'll help you get this resolved.

For reference, I have a AI trigger bar on a 14x5 snare, with a DrumTec Real Feel head and couldn't be happier with it.

Hot spot is non-existent and the positional sensing, rimshot and side stick triggers flawlessly. Only issue I had was the screws coming loose holding the bar, which I resolved with some Locktite
So if you both have the same trigger, quite the same head, the same module, what is different ?

Drum size are the Same ? both 14' ?
I can't imagine the drum shell to have such a influence...

You should export your setting to give it to thenewdrummer...
Excellent idea!

How do I do that?
It is well explained in the manual p23
thenewdrummer

Post by thenewdrummer »

So I'm back with the quartz trigger and it's way better. The Jobeky was way too hot. (I'll have one to sell :D)

The hotspot are almost gone except with a little bit harder hits in the middle or if I do flams in the middle. I assume that this is maybe normal?

Maybe I can fix it a little bit with reducing the top right of the velocity curve.
thenewdrummer

Post by thenewdrummer »

Is there a way to lower the gain on the rim piezo but not the head?

I'm not able to fix it with the little graph otherwise I wouldn't have a rimshot range.

I'm pretty sure the gain is way too hot for the rim and it triggers rim instead of the head.
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

thenewdrummer wrote:Is there a way to lower the gain on the rim piezo but not the head?

I'm not able to fix it with the little graph otherwise I wouldn't have a rimshot range.

I'm pretty sure the gain is way too hot for the rim and it triggers rim instead of the head.
Not in the software, but a trim pot can help.

However, edrumin is well designed to accommodate rim piezos, so it's unlikely that you'll be able to make it work in the software.

Post a screenshot of your snare settings.
thenewdrummer

Post by thenewdrummer »

I still get rim click sometime when I hit harder in the middle ( the head range I think is way too high)
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (65.99 KiB) Viewed 1352 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You're getting double triggering. Increase your hold time / relax the decay a bit. I'm actually surprised to the see the ring piezo still picking up vibrations so long after the hit.
thenewdrummer

Post by thenewdrummer »

Rob wrote:You're getting double triggering. Increase your hold time / relax the decay a bit. I'm actually surprised to the see the ring piezo still picking up vibrations so long after the hit.
Wow nice, now it's better. Thanks a lot for your help.

Just for information, how did you see the double triggering from the image above?

Also there's a information that I didn't find in documentation or I missed it but in the Rimshot Range setting there's a horizontal bar that can be adjusted, what is it for? (not the vertical ones to adjust the sections)
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Well, you said it was a hard hit on the center, yet the image above is showing the transient for a very low velocity hit, so I just assumed it was the result of double triggering.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

And the horizontal section is the minimum velocity (of the head piezo) required to trigger a rimshot. If you find that the rimshot is triggered when hitting just the rim of the pad, increasing that horizontal bar can fix that.
thenewdrummer

Post by thenewdrummer »

Rob wrote:Well, you said it was a hard hit on the center, yet the image above is showing the transient for a very low velocity hit, so I just assumed it was the result of double triggering.
Hehe it was a random hit only for switching the input to print my settings. But you got it anyway :)