Advice 2nd module using cymbals only?

Ronyd

Advice 2nd module using cymbals only?

Post by Ronyd »

Setup fo the 2nd module is:
hihat - 1 input, 3 zone ride - 2 inputs , 2 crashes - 1 input.

For the crashes if i split the input, do i loose the choke?

I'm assumming I probably need another module not to loose any dual zone crashes, and other devices like a BT-1, cowbell etc.
tjheller

Re: Advice 2nd module using cymbals only?

Post by tjheller »

Hi there, if you split an input to dual mono you will loose the connection of the switch on the cymbal pads. Tip-Piezo, Ring-Switch, Sleeve-Ground. When you split to dual mono you loose the Ring on each signal path. You are splitting out to Tip Sleeve on two signal paths. You need the switch to trigger edge articulations and choke. You still may be able to get your edge articulations by fussing with the edge sense but you will loose choke. If you don't choke often this may or may not matter to you. I hope this was was helpful. Cheers.
Ronyd

Post by Ronyd »

hi tjheller. Yeah for the amount of times i ever choked a cymbal on my acoustic kit, I won't really miss it. Was just cool to get my DIY chokes to work.

thankx for the info and I will process with your recommendations !!
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

Hope I was able to help. I'm always amazed at what different people can live without. I could care less about positional sensing on a ride cymbal for instance; couldn't live without it on a snare.
Good luck with your setup.