e4 and RPi PiSound.

Darrenjmartin

e4 and RPi PiSound.

Post by Darrenjmartin »

I am a off-hiatis drummer wondering into the noise abatement and economical possbilites of acoustic hybrid with mesh heads (barring a unatural Hi-hat groove).

Though I am hyper technical, I would rather avoid that when sitting down to jam and pound tubs. I have visions of duck taping the e4 and RPi together on a cymbal stand. Does this make me a bad person?

volume , line out to PA mix , maybe a toggle button through some snares sound.

Though exceptionaly canned, this journey has gone past Roland to here.

It seems like the mimimalist/ high-function e4 may be good match for RPi w/ PiSound hat. PiSound addresses sound quality and latency.
I have not used any software to settle on drum sample/map (DAW and VST plugin) . In the PiSound software bundle, I didnt see a garage band/ezd type package. There is bullseye built-in Exadrum that may interface which considers latency on RPi.
This topic may be outside the lane, but e4 is linux ubuntu supported and the app should conviently work through the RPi's usb.

Peace
Darrenjmartin

Re: e4 and RPi PiSound.

Post by Darrenjmartin »

DELETED
Last edited by Darrenjmartin on Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrenjmartin

Re: e4 and RPi PiSound.

Post by Darrenjmartin »

Scratch build. HH Plunger Controller for use with edrumin.
Recommendations for a Cost effectve hi-hat controller, easy configuation and natural action when combined with edrumin module.

Which model of Geodrum HH controller/mode or methed to use or avoid?

Umbrella:
Selecting linear motion encoding scheme : scratch pad slider, hall-effect, optical,

induction sensing/not available.
I would use wireless charging sensing technology eg.12V 50mm Distance Wireless Charging Wireless Transmitter + Receiver 4 pcs 1W high Power LED Power Charger Transfer ......power overkill in example, I would include interactive calibration lights and blinky lights.

I have a parallel posts at
https://community.blokas.io/t/edrumin-r ... drums/4045