Not sending midi data through USB?

MrBananas

Not sending midi data through USB?

Post by MrBananas »

Hello all! So I have a Strike module connected to the USB host of the Edrumin 10, then that's going into my computer to control SD3. For some reason, the Edrumin10 isn't sending through the MIDI from the Strike module. They work when separately plugged into the computer. Any suggestions?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Not sending midi data through USB?

Post by Rob »

What firmware version is your eDRUMin?
MrBananas

Post by MrBananas »

Hello Rob! Current Firmware is 1.4.038. The Edrumin will forweard the MIDI via 5pin but not USB.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's working fine on my system. I also have several customers using the USB host port in a similar fashion without issue.

Question:
With the strike module connected to the USB host port, when you hit a pad on the strike module, does the MIDI Out indicator on the eDRUMin flash?
MrBananas

Post by MrBananas »

The midi out indicator will flash when the strike module is connected via 5pin MIDI. It will not flash when connected via USB host. I have tried multiple cables!
MrBananas

Post by MrBananas »

I just updated to beta firmware 1.5 but it did not fix the issue, fyi!
MrBananas

Post by MrBananas »

I did some further testing with a different device, the strike multi pad, and the SMP WILL send the midi over the USB hub. Im not sure why the Strike Module won't? There arent any midi out setting really other than enable midi thru and midi channel.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Nothing I can do without getting one of those modules to test with, unfortunately.
MrBananas

Post by MrBananas »

Thanks! Ill figure it out :D
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'm guessing Alesis is doing something a bit non standard with their device descriptor and the USB host port is not able to enumerate it. I could probably find the problem if I had one of the units to test with. I'll make one small change for the next build and you can check if that fixes the problem.