Audio out Question

LogeshDrumin

Audio out Question

Post by LogeshDrumin »

Does edrumin 10 uses asio driver?

Will audio out be reserved by edrumin when in use.

In simpler term, can I use edrumin and YouTube music audio out from the same sound card?

Or will an audio interface be needed?
ffmcloud

Re: Audio out Question

Post by ffmcloud »

You can use the sound card and play over a Youtube, or any other track playing on your PC.

You hook up your ED10 to the PC start your VST, choose the ED10 as MIDI device and hear the sound out of the sound card of your PC.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

The eDRUMin is a MIDI controller designed to work with drum pads. It serves the same function as a keyboard MIDI controller. It is part of the input chain and connects directly to the computer with a USB cable. As ffmcloud pointed out, you then tell your VST to use it as its MIDI device. The eDRUMin doesn’t need ASIO, that is for the output chain.
LogeshDrumin

Post by LogeshDrumin »

Thanks guys. That's was helpful.

At least I don't have to get something I don't need for the time being.

Just waiting for the edrumin to arrive, another couple of days I reckon. Can't wait to play around with it.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Well wait… you don’t need an audio interface for the eDRUMin but if you are using Windows you will most likely need one for the output chain. Windows audio just can’t keep up when it comes to real time audio, the latency will be too bad. This is where an audio interface comes in to play. You tell the VST to output to the audio interface instead of Windows audio. An audio interface like a Scarlett will use an ASIO driver and keep latency down to a really low level. You need at least 10ms or lower. Anything higher than 10ms you will start to notice a lag between when you hit your pad and when you hear the sound.
LogeshDrumin

Post by LogeshDrumin »

Mylo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:56 pm
Well wait… you don’t need an audio interface for the eDRUMin but if you are using Windows you will most likely need one for the output chain. Windows audio just can’t keep up when it comes to real time audio, the latency will be too bad. This is where an audio interface comes in to play. You tell the VST to output to the audio interface instead of Windows audio. An audio interface like a Scarlett will use an ASIO driver and keep latency down to a really low level. You need at least 10ms or lower. Anything higher than 10ms you will start to notice a lag between when you hit your pad and when you hear the sound.
Got what you mean. Just received the unit today, playing around with it still. Trying to figure few things out.