No presets available on Control app on Win 10

mortennp

No presets available on Control app on Win 10

Post by mortennp »

I installed the eDRUMin Control application yesterday on Windows 10 from an installer downloaded yesterday too. There are no presets available. Do presets only come with iOS/Mac versions of the Control application, or is this bug or oddity of some sort? If yes, is there a workaround? Just uninstall, reinstall, restart as per usual on Windows?

Bonus question: what preset and/or pad type is recommended for a DIY/A2E converted 22" kick with a center mounted R-DRUMS Monogon BD trigger (single piezo, wired to "Head", Roland style)?

Bonus question 2: is it OK/safe to use a stereo to dual-mono cable such as Roland PCS-31 to combine the Monogon trigger with a CY-5 on a single ED10 input? Thus perhaps loosing edge and/or choke ability on the cymbal?

Best regards,
mortennp
Rob
Site Admin

Re: No presets available on Control app on Win 10

Post by Rob »

Let me get back to you on those questions. There might be issues if you aren't an administrative user on your system. This obviously shouldn't be the case. I'll look into it.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

So I just created a temporary user (not administrative) on my system and installed the Control Application and sure enough, there are no presets. I'll have to do some research to figure how to deal with this situation.
mortennp

Post by mortennp »

Thanks, Rob. I did the install as a non-admin user and entered admin credentials when prompted by the Windows UAC. I'll try to just log on as admin, install, log out, log in as non-admin and use the software. That might do as a workaround.

Meanwhile I would be very happy to get advice on the bonus questions too. Thanks, again.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Bonus Answer 1: acoustic trigger pad type, with the input set MONO.

Bonus Answer 2: I'm not familiar with the Roland PCS-3. I would assume it's safe, as in you won't hurt the device, but I think a regular splitter is best.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Preset issue is fixed in version 1.5.0.11.
mortennp

Post by mortennp »

Thank you, Rob. When do you expect 1.5 to mature from beta to "stable", please?

Best regards,
mortennp
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Probably a week or two.