Jobeky 20" three zone ride -- reverse inputs and edge sensing

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Jobeky 20" three zone ride -- reverse inputs and edge sensing

Post by Rob »

Metal cymbals for electric drums are a hack. I suspect Jobeky engineers design all their pads and cymbals with Roland modules without using oscilloscopes to see what it happening with their signals. And if it works on the Roland module, they give it their stamp of approval.

Deciding weather a switch is electronically active on not is bit subjective. You need to have a set of criteria so you can effectively prevent mistriggers. Roland has their set of criteria, and eDRUMin has its own. If someone designs a cymbal to specifically work with one manufacturer, the cymbal is going to have issue on other gear. I don't know that this is happening, but it seems like a likely explanation. Is this an issue with my gear? Should I downgrade my switch sensitivity to match Roland's? I'm don't think the answer is yes. I have your data, as well as data from many more cymbals and I'll see if something can be done to improve the situation. but I make no promises.
brm@barryrmccann.com

Post by brm@barryrmccann.com »

Totally understand. Thanks, Rob.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Why don't you get me some more data to work with. You already know how to capture it. Capture about 50 hits on bow in different locations, and then rename that ED_DATA.hex to BOW.hex. And then capture another 50 hits in the edge in different locations and name that one EDGE.hex and then email the files to me.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'm still interested in getting more data from you. In version 2.9.2 I'm going to allow the 3-Zone metal cymbal pad type to work as Piezo / Switch / Piezo or Piezo / Switch / Switch. This will allow it to properly support your cymbal and give you access to switch sensitivity controls. If you give me more data, I can ensure that it's going to work properly with your cymbal.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

In version 2.1.1, I've added an option for the 3-Zone Metal input to set the bell input as a switch. That should now properly support your cymbal and give you a 'thresh' control to prevent the false triggering. You can test it out here.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1726
image.png
image.png (16.84 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
brm@barryrmccann.com

Post by brm@barryrmccann.com »

Rob --

I owe you an apology.

Two years ago, I never thought you would create another setting for 3 zone metal cymbals, and I gave up because I was gigging and needed a solid solution. So I sold my three eDrumin 4 modules and bought a TD-30 at no small expense. I also was nervous about my laptop going down, and I figured that the TD-30 would give me a backup, even though the sounds are far inferior to SD3.

Fast forward. My Jobeky ecymbal triggers have been failing, and I've been replacing them one at time with GoEdrum triggers. I've also been playing more gigs with my electronic drums and acoustic cymbals. And my laptop with SD3 has never failed, despite it being a Windows machine.

I'm thinking of buying two eDrumins (10 and 8) and selling the TD-30, then an Apple M1/2 laptop.

Meanwhile, I've continued to promote eDrumin on forums and Reddit. It's a fabulous product and software app.

All that's to say thank you for listening and responding.

I'm sorry that I gave up too soon.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I do my best to satisfy.