sysex pass-thru

kenjwright

sysex pass-thru

Post by kenjwright »

Possibly I am not understanding the manual but it seems to state that the eDRUMin supports System Exclusive pass-thru, and reading that I would expect that any sysex messages sent to the eDRUMin via USB (with some other mfg ID) would be passed through to the MIDI out DIN port and show up on the appropriate device. However that does not happen. For every sysex packet received on USB, what is sent to MIDI-out is the last MIDI message previously sent from a pad strike. What am I missing?

Cheers!

Ken

ed-midi.png
ed-midi.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Rob
Site Admin

Re: sysex pass-thru

Post by Rob »

I'll look into it today. Understandably this is functionality that doesn't get much attention or testing.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Confirmed bug. Fixed for the next build.
kenjwright

Post by kenjwright »

:D Thank you!!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Fixed in build 37.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1460
kenjwright

Post by kenjwright »

Updated to 2.0.0.37 and confirmed that the pass-thru is working now. Whoohoo! One thing I noticed is that the eDRUMin MIDI Monitor is not showing the expected byte count. Possibly I am assuming incorrectly that the number of bytes following F0 up to F7 would be displayed? Currently is showing values of 80,99, or 100 where the actual packet size is a constant 1173 bytes per packet.

Not a show stopper by any means, just an observation.

Thanks again for the rapid update!!

Cheers!

Ken
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thank-you for confirming the fix. To enable sending arbitrarily long sySex messages, the devices breaks them up into smaller packets. The MIDI Monitor is showing the size of those smaller packets. I suppose I can make it suppress displaying all the those messages and instead just send 1 message with the total size when all the packets have been sent--but as you say, it's not a show stopper.

UPDATE: For the next build the MIDI Monitor will just show a single entry with the complete size of the sysEx message.
kenjwright

Post by kenjwright »

Confirmed that 2.00.38 sysex now shows the actual packet size and pass-thru is still successful.

Thanks again and AWESOME support!!

Cheers!

Ken