Alesis real hat continuous controller pedal preset recommendation

A place for users to share eDRUMin presets.
Forum rules
Share you presets for commercially available pads and cymbals. Please make separate threads for each preset you share. If the community deems a particular presets is good, it can be included in future eDRUMin releases.
Andrewmsb

Alesis real hat continuous controller pedal preset recommendation

Post by Andrewmsb »

Hi folks. Would anyone happen to have a Alesis real hat continuous controller pedal preset. I can't seem to get it to be recognized and can't even get it to a starting point. I have both the pedal and cymbal connected to an eDRUMin 4. I am trying to get it engaged for Superior Drummer 3 and I have loaded that map. I have set up the Hihat cymbal to a starting point, but it's not linked to the controller. I've tried a few presets but nothing worked. Even auto and calibrate nothing seems to work. I must be missing something, I tried it with an HH60 and had the same issue. I know the Alesis controller worked on my dm10 kit a month ago. TIA
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Alesis real hat continuous controller pedal preset recommendation

Post by Rob »

Can you please post a screenshot of your settings for your hihat pedal?
Andrewmsb

Post by Andrewmsb »

Hi Rob, Hope you had a great vacation. I appreciate you help with this. It's like they aren't linked or something. I saw on your levels video there was a way to link them but could not find it here.
cc alesis.png
cc alesis.png (155.15 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

And do you have model number for your hihat? I'm not familiar with Alesis hihat pedal wiring and need to do some research.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Can you set the polarity to 'Roland' and then calibrate (right now it's set to 'Auto'). Can you let me know if that works?
Andrewmsb

Post by Andrewmsb »

Hi Rob,

I had the same results with all settings. Yamaha and Roland. I even tried with a Yamaha HH60 and got the same results as well. https://www.alesis.com/products/view/realhat-pedal I thought it would be wired the same as Roland. I managed to figure out 3 zones from 1 trigger input on the Alesis 14 inch ride. There is no link for the pedal input like the level input is there?
Andrewmsb

Post by Andrewmsb »

Hi Rob,

I had the same results with all settings. Yamaha and Roland. I even tried with a Yamaha HH60 and got the same results as well. https://www.alesis.com/products/view/realhat-pedal I thought it would be wired the same as Roland. I managed to figure out 3 zones from 1 trigger input on the Alesis 14 inch ride. There is no link for the pedal input like the level input is there?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the link. Yes, it should the same as a Roland style pedal. Your are using a TRS cable?

Also, do you know what firmware version you are using?
Andrewmsb

Post by Andrewmsb »

Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:13 am
Thanks for the link. Yes, it should the same as a Roland style pedal. Your are using a TRS cable?

Also, do you know what firmware version you are using?
Rob,

It was the latest firmware. I had changed it to Roland and swapped out the Yamaha hh connection trs cable and just like that it worked. This was the same cable that I had used previously on my hh60 so maybe it went bad. I will test it later. All is well now. Time to start dialing it all in. So definitely using the Roland cc is the ticket.Thanks for your help.