sudden random delays on triggers

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
bpjacobsen

sudden random delays on triggers

Post by bpjacobsen »

Today I started noticing horrible delay on random drum pad triggering. I have the volt 4 audio interface and the buffer is set to 32. what would be causing this? it's super frustrating. it's like I hit a pad and the strokes don't register for a second or two. it's absolutely awful.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: sudden random delays on triggers

Post by Rob »

With the very limited information you have provided, it's hard to say what the problem is. What OS are you using? What application are you triggering? Does the eDRUMin control application show this same lag?
bpjacobsen

Post by bpjacobsen »

Rob wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:34 am
With the very limited information you have provided, it's hard to say what the problem is. What OS are you using? What application are you triggering? Does the eDRUMin control application show this same lag?
Very strange, and it's gotten worse. The eDrumin interface appears to respond to the hits immediately but for some reason, hardly any hits are sounding until seconds later. like seeing fireworks in the distance and not hearing them until 2nds later. I have the host ED 8 plugged directly into a usb 3 port. The other 3 ED boxes are plugged into a usb hub. tried both a powered one and non-powered one. The audio interface is connected to the non-powered hub that is connected to the pc I just can't comprehend what changed that could have caused this. it's completely unplayable now. WTH?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It doesn't appear to be a problem with the eDRUMin. Maybe a harddrive is failing? I suggest unplugging as many things as you can and get the most simple setup working, and then build from there.
bpjacobsen

Post by bpjacobsen »

Well, it appears the issue is with the pedal connection on one of the ed 4 units. I found that when my hi hat controller was plugged into that port is when this happened. So I moved it to another ed 4 and now it's working. Hmm. Rob? Any thoughts on why the hi hat controller only connected to a specific ed4 would cause this? I tried multiple times and confirmed every single time when plugged in, the issue starts right back up. but only on the one box. I confirmed all eDrumin units are on the latest firmware.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Not sure. Maybe try resetting the pedal input.
bpjacobsen

Post by bpjacobsen »

Rob, now I'm having a problem where after about 5 minutes of playing, Edrumin just stops completely. I know it's not SD3 or the audio interface b/c they work fine when clicking instruments in the SD3 GUI. It's not Reaper b/c again, this issue happens with or without the DAW. eDrumin does not respond at all to hits in the screen. It's like the USB connection keeps cutting out. Any suggestions? I'm not saying it's definitely a faulty trigger box but why would the usb connection keep cutting out after about the same amount of time? right now I have the host directly connected to usb on the pc. the otehr 3 boxes are connected to a non-powered hub. Any easy way to confirm if my issue is a box vs maybe the pc? rebooting fixes every time but it's happening very consistently after a few minutes or so of playing.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

What firmware version are you using?
bpjacobsen

Post by bpjacobsen »

Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:56 pm
What firmware version are you using?
2.3.08 on all 4 boxes. I updated them one at a time each connected directly to the pc since it says not to use a hub.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Im always fixing bugs, you might consider updating the firmware to see if that resolves your issue. How are your devices connected?