Need help to chose à module for my build.

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
dorthian

Need help to chose à module for my build.

Post by dorthian »

Hi guys,
My name is dorthian, i'm from France.
It's been 12 years that I've not touched a drumkit,
And I feel the need to restart playing.

I'm curently building my first a2e conversion edrum.
I've bought an old millenium drumkit, with 8,10,12,13 rack toms, à 16 floor Tom, 14 snare, 22 kick, and an other 13 that I will maybe add later. All equipped with ddrum trigger and mesh head.
I've found some low noise cymbals, now equipped with piezo. Hh14, crash 16 and 18, 20 ride, 12 splash, china 16 and 18.
My dream setup, clearly !

My problem is, I dont know wich module to chose....
I curently got some pretty cheap modules found on marketplace, alesis turbo, millenium mps-750... And i'm not happy with the response and the feeling...
A friend of mine told me about Roland and 2box modules.
They are pretty expensive... And to be honest, I will use my toontrack SD3 99% of the time.

So I have recently looking some YT clips and found edrumin products. I think this is exactly what i'm searching for !

Do you think that edrumin 8 with splitters can be enough for 6 toms, 1 kick, 1 snare, hh, ride, 2 crash, 2 china and à splash ? I'm pretty sure that the 10 will be the way to go, but they will not be available for month....

Thanx in advance for your help

Dorth.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Need help to chose à module for my build.

Post by Rob »

I think even an ED10 would struggle to support all your pads. An ED8 and an ED4 would probably be enough through. ED8 will be available very soon and ED4 should be back in stock in a couple of months.
dorthian

Re: Need help to chose à module for my build.

Post by dorthian »

Thank you for your reply.
I think I will go this way so 🤘.