Custom 3 zone h hat build

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
Bucky

Custom 3 zone h hat build

Post by Bucky »

Hi Ya'll form Asheville, NC.

I want to build my own custom 3 zone hi hat to work on my eDRUMin. What would I model this on? I went through the unofficial compatible thread but got horribly confused. It looks like the Goedrum controller will work. If anyone has a build project or knows of one, I would really appreciate some advice. Maybe there is a wiring tutorial for 3 zones?

Thanks,
Evan
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Custom 3 zone h hat build

Post by Rob »

There are wiring diagrams for pedals and pads at the back of the eDRUMin Manual.

eDRUMin 1.6.pdf - Wiring Diagrams
Rabidreject

Post by Rabidreject »

There are some great guides on pootube also - I cant remember exactly what he's called but a guy from thailand goes through LV 3 zone, 2 zone and pretty much whatever zone cymbals. Hang on ill hunt him out quic - I think its vdrumtips

https://www.youtube.com/c/Vdrumtips1

He uses both Goedrum stuff and also some other stuff lie the myrk switch - im currently looking into this stuff too but fixing my macbook has taken a chunk for this month. Unfortunatrly I need a good enough computer before buying SD3.

Iv recently been recording music again and using EZbass. Has anyone else used it at all? Its pretty good...Better than what I was doing before (recording guitar and transposing it down an octave)
LooseSends

Post by LooseSends »

Rabidreject wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:40 pm
There are some great guides on pootube also - I cant remember exactly what he's called but a guy from thailand goes through LV 3 zone, 2 zone and pretty much whatever zone cymbals. Hang on ill hunt him out quic - I think its vdrumtips

https://www.youtube.com/c/Vdrumtips1

He uses both Goedrum stuff and also some other stuff lie the myrk switch - im currently looking into this stuff too but fixing my macbook has taken a chunk for this month. Unfortunatrly I need a good enough computer before buying SD3.

Iv recently been recording music again and using EZbass. Has anyone else used it at all? Its pretty good...Better than what I was doing before (recording guitar and transposing it down an octave)
Hehe, sounds familiar. I was doing the same thing until my brother-in-law loaned me his cheap bass that he never actually played.

I did get some respectable results from dropping an octave on guitar but it's not quite the same.
Rabidreject

Post by Rabidreject »

yeah I hear you. Old response I know but I finally built my 2 piece hi hat. Looks great but it annoyingly triggers a hit when I open it with my foot. Any ideas?
Rabidreject

Post by Rabidreject »

I am actually working on a similar project atm - I have the goedrum controller and then two sets of hats - one which I made using two myrk membrane switches and a piezo and then I also have the actual goedrum 180 degree membrane and trigger box.
I personally think you will struggle to get a 3 zone HH as its just too small and I dont think there would be enough space for the bell to trigger and the bow not to trigger - also do you REALLY need the bell sound of a HH? Just curious what music you play that requires 3 zones.

Tip - the outside sleeve of a standard black 1/4inch jack works beautifuly to extend the goedrum controller plunger! fits perfectly and you dont the need to 3d print anything....

also where are you going to get your switches now that myrk have stopped selling on ebay?