Wireless bank switching finished.

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
evh0u812

Wireless bank switching finished.

Post by evh0u812 »

Here's the finished receiver for my wireless snare switching system. Twisting the knob forward switches between 4 different snares. Twisting it back selects one of 4 kicks.
The receiver is fitted inside a small aluminium enclosure and is powered by the Edrumin USB host port. Box just velcros to the Edrumin enclosure.
Attachments
IMG20240712192659.jpg
IMG20240712192659.jpg (142.66 KiB) Viewed 1560 times
IMG20240712192640.jpg
IMG20240712192640.jpg (86.2 KiB) Viewed 1560 times
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Wireless bank switching finished.

Post by Rob »

Looks pretty slick. I assume the knob transmitter is using power? I wonder if some sort of piezo-electric switch would be able to produce radio waves without the need of a battery.

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/q ... utton-work
evh0u812

Post by evh0u812 »

The transmitter has a small 12v remote control battery. Will last for a couple of years.
VisualDrumming

Post by VisualDrumming »

Amazing! I'd love to make a modified version to change my aux snare between a few options. How does it work, electrically speaking? Can we see inside the enclosure?
How does it interact with the module? Does it produce control change messages based on voltage from the transmitter or something?

Any guides/resources you found helpful you could share?

Thanks for such great inspiration
VisualDrumming

Post by VisualDrumming »

I have a breadboard prototype that works! It switches between the four note banks!!!!!
VisualDrumming

Post by VisualDrumming »

If op sees this, can you explain your bank switching setup with forward for snare and backwards for kick. Did you use multiple pedal inputs? That's what i'm about to do but want to make sure!

edit: also could you link or tell me where you got the potentiometer knob? I'm using a rotary encoder but want to give that a try also before installing.

and thank you again for posting this; it was a great weekend project
evh0u812

Post by evh0u812 »

The main unit is a 5v remote control garage door two channel receiver with a matching two button remote control from AliExpress. Pressing button 1 on the remote activates relay one which has both NO and NC contacts. Button 2 does the same thing with a second relay. The module can be programmed to momentary or latching. I have this set to momentary, so pressing button one connects the tip to the sleeve and then breaks the contact every time it's pressed. Button 2 connects the ring to the sleeve in a momentary action also.

The remote control had three wire soldered to the PCB which were ground and the output of each push button. These were then wired to a momentary rotary switch.
The switch is from a company called Durite.

https://au.gsparkplug.com/durite-switch ... 56-05.html