Hihat and Snare recommendations?

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
stipsi

Hihat and Snare recommendations?

Post by stipsi »

Hello

My Name is Christian and i'm new here.
I was able to purchase a used Edrumin10 and am looking forward to trying it. I'm currently playing a VH-10 hihat with a TD9 and EZ3. I'm not really convinced by the hihat. Can I expect improvements in the open and close levels when switching to an Edrumin? Or would you recommend a different hihat, if so which one? Which snare with Meshaed would you also recommend to me? Sorry for my bad English, unfortunately I have to use Google Translate. Thank you in advance and I look forward to any advice.

LG
Christian
MisterE

Re: Hihat and Snare recommendations?

Post by MisterE »

stipsi wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:31 pm
Hello

My Name is Christian and i'm new here.
I was able to purchase a used Edrumin10 and am looking forward to trying it. I'm currently playing a VH-10 hihat with a TD9 and EZ3. I'm not really convinced by the hihat. Can I expect improvements in the open and close levels when switching to an Edrumin? Or would you recommend a different hihat, if so which one? Which snare with Meshaed would you also recommend to me? Sorry for my bad English, unfortunately I have to use Google Translate. Thank you in advance and I look forward to any advice.

LG
Christian
First, welcome to the forum! If you do a couple quick searches, you will see lots of information about hihat and snare recommendations here. I recommend you do that to get a more thorough perspective. However, understanding English isn’t your native language. I’m happy to offer some quick feedback, you will have much much better performance from your VH10 using the eDRUMin than your TD9. I recommend you set that up and give it a full run through.

There are a lot of good options for a mesh snare, and I’m not sure where to begin. If you want positional sensing, then you might want to get an ATV, though they are somewhat expensive.