Setup hihat to half open instead of full open as default state

anton

Setup hihat to half open instead of full open as default state

Post by anton »

Hi all,
maybe you guys could help me out.

Right now my entire kit and audio pc is taken apart and I can't check it out myself.

Is it possible, on the eDrumin or directly in Addictive Drums 2, that the hihats default state is half open as someone could do on a usual hihat by dropping down the top cymbal.

Hope you all understand what I mean :D

Take care
MWJT42

Re: Setup hihat to half open instead of full open as default state

Post by MWJT42 »

Sure.
You have 3 options.

1. Easiest: on the blue curve for the hi hat response on eDRUMin, you can pull up the bottom point to create a minimum floor that is above the full open sound.

2. Or drag the green calibration bar beyond the end position, so eDRUMin will consider it to be ~90 instead of 127 when full open.

3. Or unload the full open articulation on AD (might not be possible, SD3 can do this)
Last edited by MWJT42 on Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monospace

Re: Setup hihat to half open instead of full open as default state

Post by monospace »

MWJT42 wrote:1. Easiest: on the blue curve for the hi hat response on eDRUMin, you can pull up the bottom point to create minimum floor that is above the full open sound.
This is what I would do. That way your hihat can remain properly calibrated, plus you can enable/disable this by simply clicking inside the curve box.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.