3-zone ATV cymbal -> Zourman Roland/ATV 3 zone ride to Yamaha adapter cable -> eDRUMin?

Rob
Site Admin

Re: 3-zone ATV cymbal -> 2box roland/ATV 3 zone ride to Yamaha adapter cable -> eDRUMin?

Post by Rob »

The setup you're describing should work fine, but I don't have an ATV cymbal nor that adapter to test with, so I can't say for sure. Also, there's a chance that you don't even need the adapter and that using just the BOW / EDGE connector and Bell Sense will do the trick (I've reports that they do, but without any firsthand testing, I won't make any promises).

As for the Yahama Wiring button, it doesn't have any impact on cymbal processing, so you can ignore it without issues.

Rob
perceval

Re: 3-zone ATV cymbal -> Zourman Roland/ATV 3 zone ride to Yamaha adapter cable -> eDRUMin?

Post by perceval »

Thanks for your faith, Mach/Retro !

Keep us posted.

I can second that Yamaha 3-zone cymbals work with a single TRS plug. For all, whether it's HH, crash or ride.

Actually, Yamaha style 3-zone drum pads also work with a single TRS.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: 3-zone ATV cymbal -> Zourman Roland/ATV 3 zone ride to Yamaha adapter cable -> eDRUMin?

Post by Rob »

The adapter reverses the polarity. Does is also attenuate the signal? Yamaha pads tend to output weaker signals. A reversed polarity with a strong signal will not play well.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

If you want, you can use a tool that I have to capture data from one of your ATV cymbals. By looking at that data, I could get a pretty good idea if I could get Bell Sense working for you.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

No, it doesn't. I'll make a video tomorrow describing how to sample the data.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Mostly USPS. FEDEX says to expect delivery to take one extra business day. So 2-3 days.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Rob wrote:If you want, you can use a tool that I have to capture data from one of your ATV cymbals. By looking at that data, I could get a pretty good idea if I could get Bell Sense working for you.
Hi Rob.

I’d be happy to do this with the Roland CY12R/C. It works fine with bow/edge on one input but can’t get the three zones on one input. From the outside at least, it looks like it should work exactly the same as the CY15R and CY13R.

https://www.roland.com/au/products/cy-12r_c/
TheJay

Post by TheJay »

Where's RetroRambler? This seems to be describing what he has worked on. I can't find his thread/post though.