Feature Requests: Lock Feature and Dual Thresholds

evh0u812

Feature Requests: Lock Feature and Dual Thresholds

Post by evh0u812 »

Just a thought because today I caused myself multiple headaches. Can a Lock feature be added to each pads settings? I had all four banks setup and dialled in for my multiple SD3 snare setup and I accidently hit the reset button and lost it all. Actually i meant to reset the settings but I didnt realise it would reset all banks for that pad, not just the bank I was working on.
Maybe the ability to lock each pad or even better lock each bank?
Second idea was for a dual threshold on the stereo inputs. I can get the threshold very very low now on my snare which is amazing for the head but the rim gets triggered when hitting the very outer portion of the head with incredibly light taps. Id love to be able to adjust each zones sensitivity seperately but not loose the ability to get the rim shot sound.
Cheers,
Gary.
Mylo

Re: Feature Requests: Lock Feature and Dual Thresholds

Post by Mylo »

evh0u812 wrote:Just a thought because today I caused myself multiple headaches. Can a Lock feature be added to each pads settings? I had all four banks setup and dialled in for my multiple SD3 snare setup and I accidently hit the reset button and lost it all. Actually i meant to reset the settings but I didnt realise it would reset all banks for that pad, not just the bank I was working on.
Maybe the ability to lock each pad or even better lock each bank?
Second idea was for a dual threshold on the stereo inputs. I can get the threshold very very low now on my snare which is amazing for the head but the rim gets triggered when hitting the very outer portion of the head with incredibly light taps. Id love to be able to adjust each zones sensitivity seperately but not loose the ability to get the rim shot sound.
Cheers,
Gary.
Maybe a nag dialog on the reset button reminding us what is going to be reset and an Are you sure? Yes/No. I’m not crazy about nag dialogs but the reset is pretty catastrophic and an accidental click can be painful.

And dare I say it.... the MegaDrum has thresholds on both head and rim and it is kind of handy. [he said lowering his head in shame] :lol:
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

A confirmation for the reset---probably a good idea. A lock button for the banks is another good idea. When switching banks for all inputs at the same time, there's a good chance that some might be best locked into place. Dual thresh controls, however, would not serve any function in my triggering implementation.
evh0u812

Post by evh0u812 »

Thanks for the replys. I was asking more about locking the settings into each bank so they can't be accidentally chaged, but keeping the ability to switch the banks.
perceval

Post by perceval »

I also agree having a splash message asking if we really want to reset might be a good addition.

About the dual threshold.... There's already dual gain factor for stereo inputs, combined with the threshold and crosstalk, X stick and rimshot scaler dials, that's a lot of power under the hood to achieve any kind of triggering combination.

Just tweak it a little until you get the perfect triggering.
Myself, I just go with Auto Calibration, and only need slight adjustments to get the way I like it best.
Sly

Post by Sly »

evh0u812 wrote:but the rim gets triggered when hitting the very outer portion of the head with incredibly light taps.
That's exactly what happen on my Roland TD-30... to me it means that Edrumin has already reach the Roland triggering accuracy.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

So, I heard the sidesitcks you were talking about tonight. Using extremely low threshold, they come through. Perhaps not a full out bug, but I should be able to do something subtle to improve the situation. But boy is the drum buttery at those low thresh settings, Rolls just roll and roll and roll. I'll definitely look into this.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

Agree that the snare positional sensing ability of the eDRUMin is top notch. It's very playable. In fact I was playing a kit I usually don't play in Superior Drummer 2 and got annoyed when the highest velocity center hits were translating to rimshots. I'm doing some lessons from the 80/20 Drummer (Nate Smith). One of the "simple" things he wants students to practice is that every intended rimshot is a rimshot. The rimshot triggering from the eDRUMin is very reliable and with practice I'm now just about there.
Sly

Post by Sly »

dsteinschneider wrote: In fact I was playing a kit I usually don't play in Superior Drummer 2 and got annoyed when the highest velocity center hits were translating to rimshots.
Do you know if it's fixed in S3 ? I always hate that feature in S2...
evh0u812

Post by evh0u812 »

That only happen with EZDrummer kits.
Its was part of the mix ready sound they were going for because the cut down front end didnt have the tweakability of SD3 and the sample libraries have to be a hundred times smaller.
SD3 versions of the same kits dont do it.