Feature Request - Save current settings

dsteinschneider

Feature Request - Save current settings

Post by dsteinschneider »

I have everything nicely dialed in. It wouldn't be too hard to get back to where I am if I reset the unit but I'm wondering if there is a way to save the current settings to the computer? I've got someone coming over who wants to experiment with the settings. I did screenshots to remind me how I have it set now. It would be nice if we could save and reload the settings.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - Save current settings

Post by Rob »

A couple other people have asked for some sort of preset system. It's definitely something I intended to implement. Are you looking to save a complete configuration for the device or settings for individual inputs?
dsteinschneider

Both complete and individual would be nice but if complete is simpler to implement please do that first. I'm not speaking for others who requested this but the pads are so easy to dial in that I can live without the configuration backup/restore if you're working on other feature requests.

I thought of this feature request when I realized that an upcoming visit from a fellow edrummer will involve changing settings and I like how all the pads/cymbals are playing as is. I used the Windows 10 screen recording capability (Windows Key and letter G opens the Game Bar which can do a nice job capturing video) to document current settings.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Doing complete device setups would be easy as I already have the functionality setup for MIDI Expression devices. I'll work on implementing it over the next couple of weeks.
dsteinschneider

Thanks Rob, that will be great to be able to save the complete configuration.