Anybody used an eDrumin with a Simmons Titan 70 (or 50)?

36KrazyFists

Anybody used an eDrumin with a Simmons Titan 70 (or 50)?

Post by 36KrazyFists »

Hi All,

Just got an eDrumin 8 and got an eDrumin to solve a few of the issues I have with it.
  1. Not enough cymbals (I've since bought a Lemon 9" splash that I love and a Lemon 13" 3 zone Ride that I'm returning for a used Roland CY-13R since it appears the Lemon ride cymbals don't work with bell sense on the eDrumin).
  2. The high hat is pretty limited, so I would like to get more fine grained control (I hooked a multimeter up to the pedal and it does send a continuously increasing signal level)
  3. The 3 zone ride cymbal that comes with the Simmons has an incredibly hard to trigger bell. You seriously have to strike the bell with a fairly substantial amount of force to trigger it. I tried hooking it up to the eDrumin and, without any fiddling, it's the same. I guess the Simmons bell sensor is not very sensitive.
  4. I eventually want to get a 3 zone snare. However, when I google that I can't find anything, so if someone has a recommendation for a good 3 zone snare that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd love to hear about it!
Anyways, has anyone else used an eDrumin with their Simmons Titan series kit and, if so, you have any tips and/or roadblocks you'd like to share?

Thanks!