3 zones hi hat out of the box

3 zones hi hat out of the box

Post by TOP »

Hi All...
I haven't stopped by here for quite a while, suddenly it's already version 2.3.1.35.
WEll...I'm still reluctant to update because I'm quite satisfied with what I have now...
Does the latest version of EDC support 3 zone hi hat out of the box for the RHH135?
Thanks you for the enlightenment
perceval

Re: 3 zones hi hat out of the box

Post by perceval »

The RHH135 is advertised as a 2-zone cymbal.

The PCY135 comes in with 3 zones.

I wonder if the cymbal pad is the same but only 2 zones supported by the Yamaha module when used for the HiHats, or if it is indeed a special cymbal pad that doesn't have a pickup for the bell. In that case, you would have to use the Bell Sense function to get that 3rd zone.

Personally, I used the PCY135 and a simple FSR under the HH pedal, and it gave me all articulations and 3 zones without a fuss.

Post by TOP »

Thanks Perceval.... so RHH 135 cant give us 3 zone out of the box.. ive read some where that it can give 3 zone if using with new DTX Xtreem module.
Once... ive tried to put PCY 135, replacing HHC 12 cymbal. but it didnt work for 3 zone..
Well... seems no need to update newest EDC yet, since bell sensing still not supported on HH (i gyess?)
Thanks again for ur care n enlighement Perceval.
perceval

Post by perceval »

The Yamaha module will only recognize / play 2 zones from the HH pad, but, if it is a pad like the pcy135, the pad itself is capable of 3 zones when using the eDRUMin.

I'm not sure if it is a real pcy135 used with the RHH135, or if it is a pad without the switch under the bell.

Sorry, I am not home, and my drums have been stored for a while, so I can't try it right now.

Post by TOP »

As mentioned ...i've try to replace LE HH12 cymbal with PCY135 and use Yamaha 3 zone cymbal preset in EDC for HH Cymbal, it did gave bell zone on HH but often mistriggering with edge or bow while played.
But if i played PCY135 as a crash cymbal with Yamaha 3 zone cymbal preset in EDC, it worked just fine.
So i assuming EDC still not supported bell zone on HH till now (especially with stand Mode), would u mind confirm it Rob?
Thanks anyway for sharing with me Perceval
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Build 35 fixed an issue where sometimes a hit to the edge of a Yamaha 3-zone cymbal could trigger the bell, but not vise versa.

Post by TOP »

Thanks for ur cfm ....
Is that fix also for Hi Hat Rob?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The fix is for the Yamaha 3-zone pad and cymbal pad types, so if your hihat uses 3-zone Yamaha cymbal, then yes.

Post by TOP »

Great Rob... EDC 2.3.2.35 really can solved previous misstriggering problem on PCY 135 as hi hat cymbal....
Now i got flawlessly 3 zone on hi hat....
As my upcomong project is on Jazz songs.... Will u kind enough inform me how to activate brushes mode in EDC to trigger Jazz Session SDX. thanks in advance
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

There is no brush mode.