How can I lower the input sensitivity of Jobeky Piccolo Snare with Edrumin4?

epsylonic

How can I lower the input sensitivity of Jobeky Piccolo Snare with Edrumin4?

Post by epsylonic »

I didn't start burying my face in the edrumin manual until a Jobeky snare was already on the way. So I did see the warning about them being hot. I've seen people mention a resistor as an option to lower the trigger volume hotness? I'd say the entire dynamic range is shifted up by about 20ccs by the sensitivity. Which makes lighter playing trigger in an unrealistic fashion. If I drag the stick across the nylon head I get triggers of 10 velocity consistently with no gain
What options do I have to get these two working together? thanks!
Last edited by epsylonic on Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsylonic

Re: How can I lower the input sensitivity of Jobeky Piccolo Snare with Edrumin4?

Post by epsylonic »

UPDATE: Tried some different cables and drum configs to narrow things down and replaced a couple cables. Still getting very loud hits with the jobeky vs other drums
Mylo

Re: How can I lower the input sensitivity of Jobeky Piccolo Snare with Edrumin4?

Post by Mylo »

The theory with hot Jobeky triggers is that they use the cylinder foam shape instead of the cone shape. I assume the extra surface area of the cylinder is making it hotter. What I’ve done is lower the trigger to where it is barely touching the head. The typical placement is for the foam to be 1-2mm above the bearing edge. Another option might be to move to a cone shape. I have never tried that so I don’t know if it works.
epsylonic

Post by epsylonic »

I found success by tuning the mesh head down by a few turns and brought it from 90 down to about 87 on a drumdial. I opened the reso mesh head to take a look inside. A couple white finger screws can loosen to give the foam piece more resistance. Now it works really well velocity wise.
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

I added a 10k resistor to tame my Diamond Drum snare. Seems to have done the trick, although auto calibrate won't function. I briefly used a regular cable to start the auto calibrate and then changed to my resistor one to do it as a work around.
Rabidreject

Post by Rabidreject »

no! I used to think it was the foam cylinder but then my jobeky trigger broke so I replaced it with a diamond drums trigger - they also have cylindrical foam thats the same sort of thickness/density. The diamond trigger is way better and less sensitive. Its still fairly hot im not going to lie but its controlable for sure