Shipping to Italy

combo74

Shipping to Italy

Post by combo74 »

Hello,
I am interested in buying an edrumin 10 to be shipped to Italy.

I see 2 shipping options:
- EMS at 25 USD
- FedEx at 80 USD

I also read that "adding priority shipping to your order increases the chances of being charged import duties"

Then, I supposed that the most expensive shipping option (FedEx) would indeed have priority.
But when I choose EMS, I read in paypal chart "Priority Shipping".

Hence the question: which shipping method is in fact "priority"?
Thank you for your time.
Cheers!
Ratamacue

Re: Shipping to Italy

Post by Ratamacue »

combo74 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:44 pm
Hence the question: which shipping method is in fact "priority"?
I live an hour south of Cleveland, OH, USA. I ordered an E10 on August 30th via FedEx. The box was dropped off at my front door on September 2nd. (!!!) I can't image higher priority. Tiawan is halfway around the world from where I live. Rob does a great job of dropping product off at the carrier quickly after the order is placed.

Compare FedEx with Registered Airmail on an earlier eDRUMin purchase of mine. The package made it to Chicago within a week to 10 days, but then got caught up in Chicago customs for WEEKS. $80 (US) FedEx isn't cheap but the outcomes are very much different.

Unfortunately, I can't say what other delays or taxes there might be in Italy, but those probably exist with other methods of shipment as well.

Happy eDRUMin'g.
Ludwig Breakbeats A2E | DDRUM Redshots, Roland RT-30K | Roland PD-120, CY-5, CY-14 (2), CY-15R, VH-10, Yamaha PCY155 | (2) ED10 + ED4 | SD3 + EZD3 + BFD3 | ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 40GB | Behringer UMC404HD
combo74

Post by combo74 »

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Cheers!
combo74

Post by combo74 »

Just as update:
Shipped with EMS on October 1st
Delivered October 14th
No complaints (apart from Italian import duties... :shock:)
Cheers!