eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

Mylo

Re: eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

Post by Mylo »

Rob wrote:I can look into that. It's just registering at the extreme far right, and therefore off the map if you will. Should be an easy fix.
I just did a quick test on my snare and 8” Tom... actually it is there but it is very light gray, all the way as far right as it can be and never really that tall. No matter how hard I hit it never moves left but it will change in size. Is this normal? My rim piezo is attached to the interior of the shell and touching one of the lug bolts.
AAF2F683-D528-4474-AFB0-F2951B0E9C79.jpeg
AAF2F683-D528-4474-AFB0-F2951B0E9C79.jpeg (66.42 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

That is normal. The height represents the strength of the head sensor. I guess it's so light because it's half of the control area and is being antialiased. I can fix that so it draws more opaque.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Rob wrote:That is normal. The height represents the strength of the head sensor.
And never moving off the far right edge? In your video when you hit the rim the indicator jumps around.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I suspect you have a rim sensor mounted on the rim. With that kind of rim sensor, the rim sensor signal is much stronger than the head sensor. So yes, that is normal.
monospace

Post by monospace »

1.3.0.10 beta has issues on the Mac. Installs fine, but shows no "!" next to the Update Firmware icon. Going there yields this screen:
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 12.20.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 12.20.50 AM.png (67.75 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Last edited by monospace on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Okay. Thanks. I know what that is. I'll fix it in an hour or so.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I've updated it. I didn't increment the build number however.
monospace

Post by monospace »

That fixed it, thanks.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 11
  • Fixed pedal sensing issues.
  • Slightly decreased the delay for sensing out 'Splash' notes.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Rob wrote:Changes in build 10
  • Further tweaked the sensitivity of the edge switches.
  • Renamed the 'xTalk' control for stand mode to 'Thresh'.
  • Swapped the positions and of the 'Scaler' and 'Thresh' controls for 'stand' mode.
  • Removed the edge sensitivity control.
Edge switch sensitivity is now scaled with the strength of the signal on the piezo, so we get high sensitivity and when we need it, and low when we don't. I'll give this version a couple more days and assuming no significant issues come up, I'll add it to the download page. Thanks everyone for your feedback and testing. It's really appreciated.
Just tested build 10 with the cy5. Yes - it's good now. I don't have it perfect but that's most likely because I don't have a lot of time to dial it in properly tonight.

Also, I have the CY12R/C working with bell sense now. It seems that the changes to edge sensitivity have helped and I can dial in the Edge Scaler (1.0), Bell Scaler (9.0), and Bell Sense (12 on the CY13R setting) and get reliable 3-way triggering with a single input. (I have to use the tip of the sticks to hit the bell and get a bell - if I use the shank as I normally do it triggers a bow but that's fine.)

Thanks for all the improvements Rob. I was impressed with the ED4 when I bought it but not blown away. But the improvements you've made are significant and it's a formidable contribution to the e-drum world now - up there with the contributions of Roland and Toontrack in my opinion.