Unofficially supported devices

zac

Re: Unofficially supported devices

Post by zac »

All,
CY-14C works well as a Ride with CY-8 Bell Sense preset. Although bell area is small on CY-14C, I prefer it to CY-13R where you need to hit the bell hard for it to register. With CY-14C bell area is very sensitive with a tip hit, and shoulder hit produces a nice loud clank.
rockdude

Post by rockdude »

Has anyone tried positional sensing with a Roland pdx-100 and edrumin?
Computer specs: Mac Mini, MacBook Pro
DAW: Tracktion Waveform Pro, Garageband
Audio interface: Motu 828mk3 Hybrid, UR22mkII
Drum module: Dual eDRUMin + DSP Trigger
Drum kit: DIY A2E converted kit + 1 Yamaha RHH-135 Hi-Hat and 3 Yamaha PCY-155
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

rockdude wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:07 pm
Has anyone tried positional sensing with a Roland pdx-100 and edrumin?
Yes, works very well.

Updated post: I saw your other post on technical support. I felt like I should say the PDX-100s I have are standard Roland pads.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
rockdude

Post by rockdude »

Thanks for the quick reply. 8-) I didn’t see it in the list of devices in the first post of this thread. Maybe Mylo kan update it.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I added it.
rockdude

Post by rockdude »

Rob wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:20 am
I added it.
Thanks Rob!

It’s a pretty common pad and it’s still in production.
I’ll buy one and and try it now that I know it’s working.

My plan is to add a eDrumin4 (with a Roland pdx-100 and two Yamaha pcy-100) to a Yamaha DTX Multi 12 drum unit.
djbclark

Post by djbclark »

The NFUZED NSPIRE Cowbell seems to work fine, but you need to make your own cable like this, as NFUZED uses 4-conductor 1/8" while eDrummin uses 3-conductor 1/4"

Cowbell tip - eDrummin not used
Cowbell next to tip - eDrummin tip
Cowbell next to bottom - eDrummin middle
Cowbell bottom - eDrummin bottom

With my wires this was done by connecting bare wire to bare wire, red to white, and white to red. But def use a continuity tester to make sure you get it right.

eDrummin type: Rubber Pad (piezo/switch)

It's a two zone cowbell and both zones are playable with the eDrumin.

Note there are actually only 3 wires in the cable that comes with the Cowbell, I'm guessing the 4 wires were for cymbals or future more complex hardware.

FYI these seem like the best ecowbells ever made and are currently available in new condition for around $60 on ebay.

More cowbell!
-Danny
Mr_Bluesguy

Post by Mr_Bluesguy »

This list is awesome and growing by the week. And the efforts of the contributors are an admirable collective effort. The dedication of Mylo to keeping it all sorted out and up to date is amazing. Having said that, I have to ask the obvious question:
Would it not be a much shorter and manageable database to list what pads and devices do NOT work with e-drumin (and why)?
When you look at it, almost all devices and pads have the same foundational build, the only differences being in how those are being implemented by each manufacturer. The bottom line is that edrumin's flexibility pretty much guarantees that approximately 98% of all devices will be compatible. And if not, Rob will usually find a way to make it happen. So, just throwing this out there--not trying to denigrate the efforts or be a rabble-rouser.
Thoughts, comments?
djbclark

Post by djbclark »

I think the main problem with that would be that it's easy to tell when something is working, but something not working is often due to incorrect config or other issues in the chain. A useful thing about this metathread is that it's pretty much just a series of reports, not a report followed by numerous posts that discuss/help with that post. So for the sticky/metathread format I think this is the way to go.
DrummerJ

Post by DrummerJ »

I can add that both 4 and 10 eDrumin work with Muzzio Drums.

Muzzio Drums are a three trigger dual zone cylinder setup. Base drum is single cylinder, single zone side mounted. Sizes are 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 toms, 14 snare and 20 base.