lemon cymbals

mprinz

Re: lemon cymbals

Post by mprinz »

I was quite surprised ...
I ordered on july 14th,
on july 21th I receives a message that I have to pay some taxes.
I did, via PayPal.
On juli 22nd they were delivered.

:D
javiercarrillo

Post by javiercarrillo »

Thanks for the info, Manuel! For now, my package seems to be finally moving! :)
monospace

Post by monospace »

Got my 18" Lemon and so far so good. Construction seems solid, sensitivity is fine. But I'm a bit underwhelmed by the bell performance, when using it as a Dual Zone Cymbal with Bell Sense. When I set Bell Sense to "CY-8" at level 45ish, this is the bell zone I get (image below). My Roland cymbals are much more centered around the actual bell...

I get pretty much no response at all when I try the "CY-13" or "CY-15" modes — what's the difference between those modes anyway? How are others getting this to work?

lemon.jpg
lemon.jpg (124.81 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
monospace

Post by monospace »

monospace wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:55 pm
I get pretty much no response at all when I try the "CY-13" or "CY-15" modes — what's the difference between those modes anyway?
Is it a matter of sensitivity or scaling? Because when I use the CY-15R setting on my CY-15R, I get a nice clean response at 75ish.
The CY-13 setting with the same level (75) is no good on my CY-13. In fact, the CY-13 seems mostly useless regardless of the cymbal type.
The CY-8 setting seems the most sensitive, but also tends to "spread out" the bell area way beyond the bell.

Would love to know a bit more about how this works under the hood, because right now it honestly feels like a shot in the dark and hoping for the best.

FWIW I managed to get the Lemon to mostly work, but it's nowhere near as good as any of my Rolands in this scenario. It's pretty brilliant as a 3-zone though, so that's probably how I'll end up using it.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

This post isn't directly related to your Lemon setup issues. I just wanted to comment that the exact area you circled was the trigger area I used to get using PCY155 cymbals with my MegaDrum no matter how much I tweaked. When I plugged the same cymbal into the ED4 it immediately triggered just on the actual bell.
post@martijnvanderput.nl

Post by post@martijnvanderput.nl »

Anyone who has no Lemon cymbals themselves, they are now sold and shipped directly from within Europe.
Delivery from stock in 1-2 days, no hassle with import taxes and 2 years warranty.
Check out https://www.vybedrums.nl

I am using them myself and are very happy with them :D