Unofficially supported devices

Lmitchell1

Re: Unofficially supported devices

Post by Lmitchell1 »

Can anyone confirm, deny, or shed light on Alesis Crimson II pads. I am mainly interested in positional sensing. It seems to work with DSP Trigger, but I'd like to get the eDrumin 10.

Thanks!

-Lincoln
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Lmitchell1 wrote:Can anyone confirm, deny, or shed light on Alesis Crimson II pads. I am mainly interested in positional sensing. It seems to work with DSP Trigger, but I'd like to get the eDrumin 10.

Thanks!

-Lincoln
If their pads are piezo driven I’d say they have a great chance of working with eDRUMin. PS, unless I issued something new, requires a center mounted piezo. I’m not sure how the Alesis pads are constructed.
Last edited by Mylo on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

I recently split an input with two Roland PDX-6 pads. They are working great and Edge Sense is working flawlessly.
mpanzer

Post by mpanzer »

Does anyone know if an Alesis hi hat, ride, and crash cymbal will work correctly with eDRUMin?
I have an Alesis DM10X kit. The drum pads have been heavily modified, but the hi hat and cymbals are all stock. My hope is to connect the kit to my laptop with Steven Slate Drums VST with eDRUMin instead of the DM10 module to reduce unacceptable latency.

Best,
Matt
Rotil66

Post by Rotil66 »

I'm using the following:

Roland PD-100 (dual trigger - added a rim trigger) working great.
Roland PD-120 (also with positioning sensing) working good
Roland PD-7 Dual zone. Working good
Roland PD-8a Single zone.... edge sense is working great ...
Roland CY13/15 Dual and single cable (bell sensing) works well.
(stacking with velocity ranging in SD3 to have Bell and bow shrank sounds)
Yamaha 135/155 single cable (bell sensing) Works great.
(stacking with velocity ranging in SD3 to have Bell and bow shrank sounds
Roland KD-9 Working good...
Roland VH-12 Hihat.. pad is working great with bell sensing (CY-8)
controller is NOT working properly !!! used control thru my TD-12 (midi to ED10) can use all 20 or so articulations in SD3!!!!!
most realistic Hihat ever played ....

update: after some great work from Rob, the VH-12 control is working well now directly on the ED10...Thanks!!!

All cymbals/ hihat having shoke options.
Last edited by Rotil66 on Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

Rotil66 wrote:I'm using the following:

------------
Roland VH-12 Hihat.. pad is working great with bell sensing (CY-8)
controller is NOT working properly !!! used control thru my TD-12 (midi to SD10) can use all 20 or so articulations in SD3!!!!!
------------
Hi Rotil66,

Do you mean that the VH-12 pedal plugged into the eDRUMin pedal input doesn't work? I'm asking just so I'm clear on that. I don't have any Roland modules or hi-hat pedals/stands but people ask questions like that and I want to be able to give the correct answer.

UPDATE: I found your own answer in the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=904

Quick answer: The VH-12 doesn't work well for Rotil66 plugged directly into the pedal input of the E10. He has plugged the cymbal itself into the eDRUMin to get all three zones but the pedal itself is remains plugged into a Roland module. It seems the recommendation if you're going Roland for the pedal is the VH-10
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

There might be a bug related to the VH-12. Rotil66 has brought this up via technical support. I'll try to get more information from him after the weekend.

Rob
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Rotil66 wrote: controller is NOT working properly !!! used control thru my TD-12 (midi to SD10) can use all 20 or so articulations in SD3!!!!!

Can you try version 1.4.0.6 BETA to see if it resolves issues with your Vh-12?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=912
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Rotil66 wrote:I
controller is NOT working properly !!! used control thru my TD-12 (midi to SD10) can use all 20 or so articulations in SD3!!!!!
Just to prevent disinformation here, but the VH-12 does work with both the eDRUMin 4 and 10. Version 1.4 has fixed Rolil66's issue and I have confirmation from another user that it works fine as well.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

New eDRUMin user. I have recently calibrated my two Roland PDX-12 pads (one rack Tom and one floor Tom) and I noticed edge sense is a bit harder to dial in than say a PDX-8. For consistent edge sense for my playing style the threshold seems to be more rock solid around 20-30. My playing style is each stick hits its own side of the rim. So my left hand hits the 8 o’clock position and my right hand hits the 4 o’clock position. The head piezo is at the 6 o’clock position. At 20-30 edge sense threshold the head experiences unacceptable miss triggers the further away from the piezo (so near the 12 o’clock). My solution was l raise the edge sense threshold up to 70-80ish. The head is perfectly fine, and edge sense is a okay as long as I keep my sticks together and not on top the piezo at 6 o’clock. At this moment I’m happy with what I’ve got, but noticeably different from PDX-8s.

Another observation. I have a PDX-8 as a rack Tom and another PDX-8 as a floor Tom. Plus the aforementioned PDX-12 as a rack Tom and PDX-12 as a floor Tom. The floor toms are horizontal and the rack toms are slightly angled down. I also have my middle rack Tom as a PDX-100. I’ve noticed identical pads need slightly different settings if a rack Tom or floor Tom. I thought I could just copy a preset over from one Tom to the next, but not so. I also noticed the positional sensing on the PDX-100 (just via the eDRUMin control apps since I don’t have a VST with Tom PS) is not that great south of center. It got me thinking does all of these observations have something to do with angled vs horizontal placement of pads? My PD-125BK mounted horizontally positional sensing is spot on 360 around the pad, and I guess I thought the PDX-100 would be the same since they are of similar design. My other thought was maybe I need to checking the tuning of the PDX-100...I don’t know if that would impact the Southern Hemisphere of the pad....
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.