eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

Post by Rob »

Mylo wrote:1. All I have connected to device A is my snare drum in input 1. It is set has a mesh center piezo pad. When I start the controller software the icon says it is a hi-hat.
The reason it's linked is because before installing 1.3, your 1st input had the 'Hihat xTalk' control enabled (which is now unused in version 1.3, BTW).
Mylo wrote:2. I changed device A to color red but the icon stays black.
Ya. Right now all ED10s use the same color of icon. I'll fix it. Thanks.
Mylo wrote:3. As stated above when I click on device B I can’t bring up the firmware page to change the color of the device or to update the firmware.
That's intended behavior. Changing the color would not be a problem, but updating the firmware from the USB host port is not supported at the moment. I should be able to make changes to allow changing the color, but don't expect to be able to update the firmware over the host port, at least not in the near future.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

I think I follow you on issue 1. But this was straight out of the box. I hooked it up, upgraded the firmware, connected my snare and calibrated.

Based on your response though I went to the pedal inputs in both devices and reset them, reset my snare as well and started over. Everything seems good to go now.

Also... when I select my second device the red line stays on under both devices... this is kind of confusing. I’m not confident which device I’m working on.

I actually preferred the side by side approach you used before... I assume this layout is suggesting the smaller second icon is to inform me it is hosted by the bigger icon? I’m using a 13.1” touchscreen and I also remote into my machine from my iPad... the smaller icons are getting hard to hit with my big finger. :D
D96085C8-0792-44D7-BDD4-19E9E02ADDB4.jpeg
D96085C8-0792-44D7-BDD4-19E9E02ADDB4.jpeg (67.66 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I hear you on the icons, but the side to side approach is for devices connected to separate USB ports.

Connect your two ED10s to separate ports and then plug an ED4 into each of the ED10s and you will see why it is the way it is.

Down the road closer to a version 2, I'll do a UI overhaul so that it isn't so awkward. I just didn't anticipate that would have a USB host port from day one.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Rob wrote:I hear you on the icons, but the side to side approach is for devices connected to separate USB ports.

Connect your two ED10s to separate ports and then plug an ED4 into each of the ED10s and you will see why it is the way it is.

Down the road closer to a version 2, I'll do a UI overhaul so that it isn't so awkward. I just didn't anticipate that would have a USB host port from day one.
Since I’ve never really had x-talk issues it might be best for me to use separate USB ports.
Iskulaatikko

Post by Iskulaatikko »

Rob wrote: It should take about twenty seconds. If you close the application while it says waiting, a file with some diagnostic information called MEC_log.txt will be copied to your desktop. If you email that to support at audiofront dot net, i'll take a look.
I got it to work. I had some weird problem with my mac today that slowed down opening and closing apps, installing files was affected too i guess. Jut sid a major clean up and everything works!
So yeah, problem was totally at my end.

Played around a little withthe hihat settings and now it’s perfect for SD3 and not getting all way too noisy when pedaling the chick sound. Great!
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

Hi Rob,

I noticed the hi-hat icon issue. In my case input 1 which was a dual input for kick and floor tom is displaying the hi-hat icon. I reset the input and set it up for just kick but the hi-hat icon remains. Doesn't affect setting up the pad or playability so I'll wait for you to fix that. I did think about just plugging my hi-hat into input 1 but I've got a system (sort of based on a sort of most important triggers first).

1. Kick
2. Snare
3. Hi-hat
4. Tom 1
5. Tom 2
6. Floor Tom 1
7. Crash 1
8. Crash 2
9. Crash 3
10. Crash 4

If I double up an input I just pull the other single trigger from a higher slot.

1. Kick / Floor Tom 1
2. Snare
3. Hi-hat
4. Tom 1 / Tom 2
5. Crash 1
6. Crash 2
7. Crash 3
8. Crash 4
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Can you check iland make sure pedal 2 isn't linked to the first input?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 7
  • Further reduced the edge switch sensitivity.
  • ED10 icon will now properly reflect the 'color' of the firmware.
  • Small adjustment to the pedal sensing to reduce the chance of a hihat controller being detected as a footswitch.
  • Increased sustain / footswitch debounce time.
As with the last build, let me know if you have troubles triggering edge articulations when using 'low' sensitivity.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Rob wrote:
  • Increased sustain / footswitch debounce time.
This didn't fix the response of my crappy Casio sustain pedal. But I suspect it's the pedal. I should upgrade. Thanks!
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
lalo

Post by lalo »

I can't update my edrumin 10, it gets stuck on "waiting", rebooting my mac didn't work either.