You asked for it

Rob
Site Admin

Re: You asked for it

Post by Rob »

The COVID situation is really slowing down deliveries to the US, so I'm opting for EMS. It took about 5 days? Any import duties?
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

No import duties, just arrived like a normal delivery here in the US
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

I moved over to the E10 4 days ago. The first two days I spent a good amount of time comparing my E4 input/settings with the E10/fresh calibrations.

The past two days I'm just back to practicing and the kit is playing even better than with the E4's. That might be because I spent an hour re-reading the manual and subsequently did a better setup. For example it's playing more evenly across the head of my 16" floor tom (3 ply mesh head). I knew better what my goals were regarding gain for each pad and the curves.

For others moving over from E4's to the E10 I recommend you follow Rob's recommendation to first plug the cable into the pad - then plug it into the eDRUMin. I had one wierd thing going on (gain was acting funny) that was solved by resetting the input and then making sure I plugged the pad in first.

Heads up, if you have a dual input set for two pads and you get one dialed in perfectly but decided to reset the input because the second one isn't right you lose the settings for both pads. I know that sounds like a basic thing but I did it to myself :)

The E10 is slightly different. To migrate I recommend you take screenshots of the settings for each pad on the E4 but start from scratch on the E10.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Gain settings will look like they do not match, but they are actually being adjusted on purpose. ED10 uses a more advanced input stage that includes digitally controlled analog gain. This allows it to handle much stronger signals and well and much weaker ones. As a result, a gain value of 1 on ED4 corresponds to a gain of about 2.8 on ED10. When loading a preset that was saved from an ED4 device on an ED10, or an ED10 preset onto an ED4, the gain is automatically compensated to account for the differences.

Regards,
Rob
vandroiy

Post by vandroiy »

that means the edrumin10 would provide remedy if a Pad is still to hot on 1.0 Gain with the edrumin4?

I now help myself with a "negative" Velocity Curve and have good results with it, but maybe it would sometimes add dynamic range to be able to go lower.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

ED10 can handle signals that are about 30% hotter compared to ED4.
vandroiy

Post by vandroiy »

If free shipping is available again I might be inlcined to buy one...
alder

Post by alder »

vandroiy wrote:If free shipping is available again I might be inlcined to buy one...
For me shipping was 25 USD which made it a no brainer. Ordered mine yesterday!
jacko

Post by jacko »

I’ve searched but can’t find the answer. How do ED4 owners apply the discount for the ED10?

Thanks
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

jacko wrote:I’ve searched but can’t find the answer. How do ED4 owners apply the discount for the ED10?

Thanks
In the very first post of this thread click the “now” link near the bottom of the post. It takes you to an order page that allows you to enter your transaction ID.