eDRUMin version 1.4 BETA now available

dsteinschneider

Re: eDRUMin version 1.4 BETA now available

Post by dsteinschneider »

Just reporting that I installed 1.4.31. I went through all the triggers and fine tuned. Also saved all my pads. The control app (PC) is running without errors. Thanks for the remember note numbers feature!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the feedback.
hang12

Post by hang12 »

I received a second eDRUMin10. Hooking things up still. Using beta 1.4b30
I have three different dual mono input setups on the first unit that's plugged into the Mac.
Two things I can’t figure out.

1) If I click on the larger eDRUMin10 icon above the other smaller icon, the ‘advanced’ shows up in the app (as does ‘standard’ if it is clicked on).
If I click on the lower smaller eDRUMin10, the ‘advanced’ goes away.
Currently all of the dual mono setups are on the larger one which shows ‘advanced’, if that makes a difference?

2) in the manual (for v1.4, under Working with Note Banks) it states that each input has four note banks, which are shown when in ‘advanced’ mode. The only displayed icons (Bank 1,2,3,4) for note banks I can see is for inputs that are stereo input. The dual mono and/or one cymbal inputs I have set up have no 'bank 1,2,3,4' showing, for any selected input.

Additionally, (from the manual) if the currently selected bank can be changed by footswitch or program changes, how do we know what bank we’re in, if the (Bank 1,2,3,4) is not displayed on the current selected input?

I can see the new individual articulation editing capabilities where the note bank numbers are for other inputs in the GUI, but no note banks.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'll look into it today. There's probably a bug in there somewhere. Both devices are running the latest firmware?
hang12

Post by hang12 »

Both devices were not running the latest firmware. The new one I received two days ago had 1.3 something. The one I've had originally had 1.4 something (which btw I updated recently and it erased some HH input settings but it was sort of a no matter type deal).
I updated both units, and now I can see what I couldn't before, in regards to the individual eDRUMin's displaying their own 'standard' vs 'advanced'.

Suggestion: when someone boots the control app it should suggest a firmware update, if necessary. I didn't even notice the 'chip with exclamation' icon until I read your reply with this prompt to check the firmware. ok, thanks.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 32
  • Fixed velocity curve data becoming corrupt when overwriting a preset.
  • Fixed peek indicators on VU not working for cymbals.
  • Small UI feedback improvement for Rimshot Range control,
  • Various UI fixes.
  • Selected articulation can no longer automatically change when a control is being dragged.
PC
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 4.0.32.zip

macOS
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 4.0.32.zip
monospace

Post by monospace »

monospace wrote:I just ordered a 16ft Active USB 2.0 extension cable. Will see how that works out and report back.
So... I've been using my new active extension / repeater cable (this one), with the Control Application running continuously for 5 days now, with no crashes at all. I'll keep monitoring this for a couple more days but it seems reasonable to assume that this solved my problem.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Great to hear.
hang12

Post by hang12 »

loaded up 1.4 b32. Hooking up all 20 inputs of two eDRUMin10's for the first time. To start this session I loaded up new firmware on both units.

btw - will the firmware update be a regular occurence? - has it been known to erase settings? it did erase my HH settings previously which oddly enough, was in the same input slot #5 as what I'm about to describe...huh.

Using MacOS. In earlier builds I had set up the HH in slot 5 of the main eDRUMin - now the HH icon in the Control App will not clear out on that eDRUMin. I reset the input and the HH icon doesn't clear. The associated pad Type (to the left of the Calibrate button) can be loaded up with anything (i.e. loaded via Preset) other than a HH, and it will not clear the HH icon above.
There is no linked pedal, although there was one at one point. Additionally trying to unlink (via clicking on the link button) has at multiple times crashed the app.

Maybe do a factory reset in the firmware section? is there a way to save the current overall settings before doing this?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

hang12 wrote:btw - will the firmware update be a regular occurence?
If I find bugs that are going to cause me technical support grief, then I'll fix them as soon as possible.
- has it been known to erase settings? it did erase my HH settings previously which oddly enough, was in the same input slot #5 as what I'm about to describe...huh.
No, at least this is the first report of settings getting wiped.
Using MacOS. In earlier builds I had set up the HH in slot 5 of the main eDRUMin - now the HH icon in the Control App will not clear out on that eDRUMin. I reset the input and the HH icon doesn't clear. The associated pad Type (to the left of the Calibrate button) can be loaded up with anything (i.e. loaded via Preset) other than a HH, and it will not clear the HH icon above.
There is no linked pedal, although there was one at one point. Additionally trying to unlink (via clicking on the link button) has at multiple times crashed the app.

Maybe do a factory reset in the firmware section? is there a way to save the current overall settings before doing this?
I'll look into the cause of the crash, thanks for the heads up. You should be able to unlink the input 5 by resetting the pedal input. I'll test to make sure it's working properly tonight when I get home.