eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Post by Rob »

There could be a bug, but I'm not seeing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIKF152Mi8Q
monospace

Post by monospace »

Maybe I didn't describe it properly. In your video, you're selecting the inputs with your mouse. What I'm trying to do is select an input/trigger by striking it. That doesn't work when Auto Select is off.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The footswitch controls the bank of the currently selected input. Perhaps the manual doesn't explain this clearly?
monospace

Post by monospace »

No, that part is clear. But one of the conveniences of using a foot switch is being able to strike a drum, and then change its banks on the fly. I use it for switching between rim click and side stick, for example, and it’s one of the great features of eDrumIn.

But it seems like that selection method of striking a drum is shared with the main edit screen. Again, I can see why, and it’s not the end of the world, but that means I can’t use the switch when I turn off Auto Select to edit an input. It gets tricky when I then quit the control app without re-enabling it and I’m no longer able to change my banks on the fly. Maybe not technically a bug, but I wish I could do both.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Hm, the manual says "When you attach a footswitch or sustain pedal, it is automatically setup to perform Bank
Changes for the selected input (the the pad that was last hit). Press the pedal quickly to
select the next bank. Do a long press to select the previous bank.

[...]

The lowest value is ‘Cur’ and means the bank change messages will be sent to the
currently selected input. The idea is that you hit a pad to ‘select’ it, and then press the
pedal to change its bank. [...]" (p.36)

So, it should work without controll app with regard to the manual?!

Anyway, I use an oversized FCB1010 MIDI controller to send Programm Messages and in my case, the solution to select
the inputs via MIDI channel is not optimal. I would like to send the data on one channel and switch the intputs via e.g.
CC messages let's say: 0<= CC01 < 32 Input 1, notebank 1, 32<=CC01<64, bank 2, 64<=CC01<96, bank 3, 96<=CC01<128, bank 4.
0<= CC02 < 32 Input 2, notebank 1, etc.

Greetings

Manuel
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Mac OSX download link is broken fyi
monospace

Post by monospace »

mprinz wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:10 pm
The idea is that you hit a pad to ‘select’ it, and then press the
pedal to change its bank. [...]" (p.36)
Yes, that’s the idea, except that the Control App uses the same “hit a pad to select it” for the Auto Select feature, and when you disable that, you also disable it for the switch config. Like I said, it’s a little annoying but probably not technically a bug, come to think of it.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Not sure if this is beta-related, but how the heck do I change my cymbal from a 3-zone Roland type back to a dual zone? I tried unplugging & replugging cables, resetting the input, restarting the unit, but I’m still stuck with that one “Bell” input that can’t be reassigned. What am I missing?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You should just need to change it to dual zone. I'll double check today.
monospace

Post by monospace »

I can change the cymbal itself to dual zone (or any other type of input) no problem. I just can’t seem to reassign the “Bell” input below it after I do so.