eDRUMin version 1.4 BETA now available

monospace

Re: eDRUMin version 1.4 BETA now available

Post by monospace »

Okay, so after my last experience updating firmware, I decided to bypass my (powered) hub and plug in the device directly. However, in doing so, the Control App could not see the device. I'm using a 20ft USB cable. When going through the hub, this is not an issue. I ended up moving my computer next to the drumkit and using a 6ft cable in order to do the update.
So I can use a long cable as long as I use a powered hub, but I shouldn't be using that connection to update firmware, correct?
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

monospace wrote:Unintended consequence of getting your device bricked... you get to start from scratch. And that's where eDRUMin shines. I had some presets saved, but I decided to take the opportunity to start anew, and for the most part, it took me 5 minutes per trigger at most, to get everything dialed in right where I wanted.
It is amazing that just several minutes for each cymbal and drum and you're back in business. I've wiped mine a few times and didn't bother retrieving my saved presets because I wanted to see how the much newer firmware handled a fresh calibration/setup.

BTW, 20 ft is 6 ft over the USB 2 spec for cable length but as we all know it often works anyway. I always run mine through a powered hub.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

No firmware update in this build. I just fixed a display issue with the Polarity control.

PC
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 4.0.27.zip

macOS
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 4.0.27.zip
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:Changes in build 26
  • MIDI from USB MIDI in will now be forwarded to MIDI out / USB Host port.
PC
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 4.0.26.zip

macOS
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 4.0.26.zip
Rob, maybe it is a small request. I messed around with this new software today, but it really do much for my set up. If you remember I mostly use the eDRUMin connected to a laptop, but I also have the USB Host port connected to a slave TD-17. I freed up some trigger inputs on eDRUMin by switching some cymbals to the TD-17 two individual inputs (crash 2 and AUX). All of my pads are on a single rack. The eDRUMin does awesome xtalk cancellation, but the TD-17 trigger settings needed some tweaking. I had to raise the sensitivity a bit on the two cymbals to eliminate xtalk. However, if there was an option to turn on returning MIDI notes on the USB Host port to original device (in my case the TD-17) I could reset the sensitivity to standard Roland trigger settings, and rely on the eDRUMin to do xtalk cancellation on everything. Only works if I shut off local control on the slave module. Thanks for your consideration.
Last edited by Dadwrshpdrum on Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Won't happen in version 1.4, but perhaps 14.1.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:Won't happen in version 1.4, but perhaps 14.1.

Okay thanks.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Had a couple of times today with build 26 where MIDI stopped being sent, once from the ED4 only, and once from the ED10 (which then also affected the ED4). The Control App didn't lose connection though, and a power cycle fixed it.
(This was with my 20ft cable and the powered hub, but that's been my setup for months now with no such problems before.)
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks Monospace. I had a short session this afternoon and didn't notice any issues. My guess is that you are seeing some kind of MIDI feedback loop. As of build 24, MIDI entering a device via the USB connection is sent out the MIDI Out DIN and to all devices connected to the USB host port. So it the MIDI Out from one of the device's is getting passed back to a MIDI In DIN or USB MIDI In, then you'll see problems.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

monospace

Post by monospace »

Random crash. App was running in the background. Report attached.
edrumin_crashreport_022321.txt.zip
(18.75 KiB) Downloaded 105 times