I can not set up 2 drums using a splitter anymore

Relic

Re: I can not set up 2 drums using a splitter anymore

Post by Relic »

Rob wrote:The splitter you linked to will not work. Here's a link to a splitter that will work.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSSTP20
Ok,thank you,I see,so just wondering whats the difference between them?(so even if I run mono cables from the female end to the drum,it still won't work?(on my pighog cables)

Im also wondering because I assume if I cut the ring connection wire then it will turn them into the same thing?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The type of splitter you want is typically called an 'insert cable'. That is what I searched for to find the link I posted. I'm out of town and writing on my smartphone. When I'm back home I can draw a schematic to explain the difference. And to answer your question, running mono cables from your pads to the splitter you linked to will not work.

Rob
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

I just want to add an addendum to this thread. I've got 10' Rockville TRS cables (angle one side - straight the other) plugged into all the drums and cymbals which then go to the eDRUMin. For the ones I want to split I'm plugging them into this:

Hosa YPP-117 1/4" TRS to Dual 1/4" TSF

So the above Hosa adapter is plugged into several inputs - one serves kick/floor and the second for the two rack toms - all are single zone.

Sometimes I have to fiddle with the 10' TRS cables going into the dual YP-117 female TS inputs - slide them in and out. Makes me wonder if how I'm doing this isn't quite right.

EDIT - I've researched this issue - the YPP-117 is the right splitter - I have a couple of bad ones - sometimes I have to pull the TRS coming from the drum a bit out from the female TS input of the splitter to get a connection - I bought them on Amazon, they might be knockoffs. I'm going to order replacements from Sweetwater.