Those of you using more than 1 edrumin module, how are you finding it?

Mylo

Re: Those of you using more than 1 edrumin module, how are you finding it?

Post by Mylo »

Polyphonics wrote:Thanks. It's just one edrumin, all the other triggers are running off Megadrum at the moment, I don't know if you've ever tried this module but it's very difficult to configure, hence I started this thread because I think I could spend less time messing around on MD and more time playing.
Yep... I cut my teeth on the MegaDrum. I had two in fact so I could run both of my hi-hats. Once I tried eDRUMin I knew the MegaDrum was short on time. It just took me a while to acquire the 4 eDRUMins I needed.
Polyphonics

Post by Polyphonics »

Mylo wrote:Once I tried eDRUMin I knew the MegaDrum was short on time. It just took me a while to acquire the 4 eDRUMins I needed.
Yeah I'm hearing this a lot! Took me 2 years to even get half decent pad settings on MD and about a few hours on eDrumin.

I've just run the numbers and I would actually need 5 edrumins, I could use rim sense but I do like to use the 3rd zone.... Hmmm.

Can anyone confirm how edrumin deals with crosstalk from other modules and vice versa????
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Polyphonics wrote:I've just run the numbers and I would actually need 5 edrumins, I could use rim sense but I do like to use the 3rd zone.... Hmmm.
Your picture must not tell the entire story. It looks like you have 8 drum pads so that takes 2 devices. That looks like a Jobeky Splash so it is single zone so it can be split with the bass drum; add the hi-hat and two more crashes and that’s device number 3. Then your ride and other crash into device 4 and you still have one input open.

I haven’t experienced any x-talk issues on anything... I’m not sure it will be an issue. All my cymbals and three toms are mounted to my rack and they shake any time something’s hit and no x-talk.

Edit: I see the blocks on your snare now. Seems like you could split those into one input.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

I just ordered my 2nd eDRUMin so I'm Black and Blue now :D

Ports going forward:
Black:
1. Snare
2. Yamaha PCY135 Hi-Hat
3a. Floor Tom
3b. Unused
4. Yamaha PCY155 Ride
Blue:
1a. Kick
1b. Tom 1
2a. Tom2
2b. Pintech one Zone crash (splash)
3. Pintech two zone crash
4. Pintech two zone crash

I think I'll keep my MegaDrum In case I get crazy with cymbals and percussion later
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

dsteinschneider wrote:I just ordered my 2nd eDRUMin so I'm Black and Blue now :D

Ports going forward:
Black:
1. Snare
2. Yamaha PCY135 Hi-Hat
3a. Floor Tom
3b. Unused
4. Yamaha PCY155 Ride
Blue:
1a. Kick
1b. Tom 1
2a. Tom2
2b. Pintech one Zone crash (splash)
3. Pintech two zone crash
4. Pintech two zone crash

I think I'll keep my MegaDrum In case I get crazy with cymbals and percussion later
Order one more... come on... you know you want to. :D :D you can be black, blue and yellow
Black
1. Snare
2. Tom 1
3. Tom 2
4. Floor Tom

Blue
1. Bass/Splash
2. Hi-hat
3. Crash
4. Crash

Yellow
1. Ride
2. Open for new toy
3. Open for new toy
4. Open for new toy
Polyphonics

Post by Polyphonics »

Mylo wrote:Your picture must not tell the entire story. It looks like you have 8 drum pads so that takes 2 devices
I'll list all my triggers in my possession and put the number of zones in brackets.

Kick (1)
Sub Kick (1)
Hihat Controller (CC)
Hihat Cymbal (2)
Snare (2)
2x Roland BT-1 (was 2, but now using single inputs each)
Crash 1 (2)
Crash 2 (2)
Ride (2)
China (2)
Splash (1)
Extra Cymbal (2)
x4 Tom's (2 each)
x2 'Bongos' (2 each)
Timbale (2)
x2 Extra pads for Kit Selection (2 each)
Shaker pedal (CC)

I definitely want rimshots and pos sens for my snare and my 4 toms. I might also want to make my own single zone cowbell and woodblock too, that would be another split TRS.

So if I managed to count correctly, 39 "inputs" / about 19 TRS inputs + 1 TS. 4 edrumins is 16 inputs.

Megadrum only seems to work well with the small 8' pads I converted from alesis DM10s, and don't get me started on the cymbals! So perhaps I can get a 3rd edrumin just for Tom's 1&2 and Crash 1&2.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

That’s quite a list of equipment. Figuring that out made my head hurt. :D Rob needs to give us a input configuration tool. :D
Polyphonics

Post by Polyphonics »

Mylo wrote:That’s quite a list of equipment. Figuring that out made my head hurt. :D Rob needs to give us a input configuration tool. :D
Haha, the thing is that it's not just my kit although I'm making it, it's also my bands drummers kit, and a kit every other drummer will use who come into my studio.

I kinda have to make it feature rich to justify using an electric otherwise it's just "waaaah muh real drums" and I can't be bothered with adjusting mic stands for an hour and listening to a guy whack a snare for 20 further minutes.

Truth is though no matter my recording skills I'm never going to be able to match the sound of a Yamaha in sound city on bobs beaten up kit in a Sussex barn!
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

"waaaah muh real drums" LOL

In my 90 page proprosal for adding edrums to my home studio a section was devoted to making visiting acoustic drummers happy and comfortable :lol:
Polyphonics

Post by Polyphonics »

dsteinschneider wrote:"waaaah muh real drums" LOL

In my 90 page proprosal for adding edrums to my home studio a section was devoted to making visiting acoustic drummers happy and comfortable :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: