eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

Post by Rob »

So after some more thought and play time, I don't think spending 159 euro to get a second bow tip sound is worth it. Using positional sensing on cymbals to trigger the 'bow shank' articulation on existing cymbals is probably the way to go.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Rob wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:27 am
So after some more thought and play time, I don't think spending 159 euro to get a second bow tip sound is worth it. Using positional sensing on cymbals to trigger the 'bow shank' articulation on existing cymbals is probably the way to go.
i might be missing something but using stacks and velocities to trigger bow shank on the hardest bow hits seems more realistic than using positional sensing to me

not that i wouldn't set up positional sensing for different bow tip hits if it were available

;)

EDIT: slightly off topic, but buying Decades sdx for 159 euros gives you a lot lot more than a second bow tip articulation :)
lalo

Post by lalo »

Man, where did you buy decades? 159€ is a lot, you should have bought it at drum-tec, they have all the newest sdxs for 135€ only.
lalo

Post by lalo »

Rob wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:56 pm
So I've got my ride setup in the Decades SDX and it really sounds amazing with positional sensing.

I was hoping to get some extra sound out of my crashes, but unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the following is not true.
crashes.png
lalo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:49 pm
This is exciting, does it also mean you can use the roland 18" digital ride plugged to the USB host of an edrumin10? After all it's only midi right?
The Roland digital ride has always worked plugged into the USB Host port, but I don't believe Roland allows it to send positional information in that configuration.
Yeah, However I see the digital pads support MIDI 2.0 which according to midi association allows for more interoperability between devices so I think Roland has relaxed their patents maybe?

MIDI 2.0 allows for more resolution beyond 127, it’s like HD vs SD tv, however at this time only synths support this, not even the most recent roland td-50x has samples for it, it detects high resolution hits like 127+24 but at the end it just triggers the same sh*tty modeled sample…

Does edrumin support MIDI 2.0?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It may at some point. Internally all inputs are sampled at 1024 levels, which allows nice smooth transitions even when extreme velocity curves are appiied.
lalo

Post by lalo »

Cool, it’s interesting stuff anyway, here’s the MIDI 2.0 info for anyone interested, as a Sunday read:
https://www.midi.org/midi-articles/det ... y-exchange

And this is the first musical instrument that fully supports MIDI 2.0, guess who made it? Yeah, Roland…
https://www.midi.org/midi-articles/roland-announces
Nedjma974

Post by Nedjma974 »

It would be nice to try and work on making the Positional Sensing compatible with ATV pads that have three side sensors.
I know you don't have an ATV pad for testing but I think any pad with side sensors should do the trick.
There are videos that show this is doable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OvPPA8St0o

I admit that this is one of the main point on which, personally, where I would find myself bothered with the purchase of an eD10 and which would force me to either buy a pad with central sensor or to make myself a DIY snare but in losing the efficiency of the three side sensors and it will be so much better to have both. 8-)
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

I tried out HH levels for the first time on EXD2. The SD3 preset is incorrect for EZD2. First, EZD2 has 7 levels not 8 as in SD3, and the closed bow is 61 in EZD2 but 11 in SD3 preset.

Levels works really well and I plan to use for my X-hat. Job well done!
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

crash report. I was just playing and didn't notice it crashed till I checked my computer. So I don't really know what happened. I had Abelton Live 11 open and eDRUMin plus focusrite control.
Attachments
1_5_0_22 crash report.zip
(20.93 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »