eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

Mylo

Re: eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

Post by Mylo »

Rob wrote:Look at the input now. It's split!
Ok I get it now... instead of having the TRS icons the pad icon is split. Got it.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Fixed broken Tool Tips in the last couple of builds. Firmware is still build 16.

https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 5.0.18.zip
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 5.0.18.zip
ffmcloud

Post by ffmcloud »

Rob wrote:Look at the input now. It's split!
Thanks for the answer. Ok got it now, it was an early presentation of the split feature. I thought it could use to assign a specific pad to the tip or the ring.

My "problem" is that I split input 10 to Kick and Ride Bell. The mono Jacks of the splitter cables usualy are soldered to the tip. The Bell switch output of my ride goes to the ring. So I resoldered one of the jacks to the ring.

So far so good. But I resoldered the "wrong" jack. It seems that the software don't let me choose which input i want to assign to the bell. Or am I missing something?

I hope you understand what I mean. It's not a big issue, I can resolder the jack again, no big deal, but would be cool if this would be possible.
Attachments
Split cable resoldered.png
Split cable resoldered.png (15.48 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
Dual Mono.PNG
Dual Mono.PNG (133.04 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You're not missing anything. The tip connection of the eDRUMin inputs are not capable of processing switches, so it has to be on the ring.
ffmcloud

Post by ffmcloud »

Thanks for the fast response, and good to know. Than I am going to resolder my Splitter Cable.
rockdude

Post by rockdude »

Wow Rob! This is a major update! :ugeek:
I've been sleeping under a rock lately it seems. I'll throw myself at this version with big joy. 8-)
Computer specs: Mac Mini, MacBook Pro
DAW: Tracktion Waveform Pro, Garageband
Audio interface: Motu 828mk3 Hybrid, UR22mkII
Drum module: Dual eDRUMin + DSP Trigger
Drum kit: DIY A2E converted kit + 1 Yamaha RHH-135 Hi-Hat and 3 Yamaha PCY-155
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Very small bug. On MacOS (I’m running latest Catalina) when the control app’s left frame of the window is justified to the far left side of display when the app is closed and reopened the app does not reopen to the same position. Instead it opens with the app’s left frame of window basically centered in the display. It doesn’t matter the size of the app’s window. If the left side is justified to the extreme left it will open the next time with the left frame of app’s window centered.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Bug, though not necessarily related to the current version (I’m on Build 18). When I disconnect the cable from the VH-10 hihat CONTROLLER, then reconnect, I lose pedal functionality. I then have to disconnect and reconnect that same cable on the ED-10 side to get pedal functionality back.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Ya, this is related to having the pedal set to SENSE or the polarity set to AUTO. I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug, but rather room for improvement. I have to be very careful making changes in this area as they can very unexpected consequences and require a large amount of testing. The manual does explicitly mention that you should always unplug the cables from the device first. For now I'm not going to make any changes. I'm working on my website of the next couple of weeks. When that's all done, I'll see if I can address this in version 1.5.1,
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Dadwrshpdrum wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:15 pm
Very small bug. On MacOS (I’m running latest Catalina) when the control app’s left frame of the window is justified to the far left side of display when the app is closed and reopened the app does not reopen to the same position. Instead it opens with the app’s left frame of window basically centered in the display. It doesn’t matter the size of the app’s window. If the left side is justified to the extreme left it will open the next time with the left frame of app’s window centered.
The app tries to prevent itself from opening offscreen. I guess it needs a bit of fine tuning. I probably just need to change an "=" to a ">" or something like that. Thanks for letting me know.