Unofficially supported devices

36KrazyFists

Re: Unofficially supported devices

Post by 36KrazyFists »

Hi All,

First timer here. Just got my eDrumin 8. Was hoping you guys could clear up a quick bit of confusion for me:

I have a Lemon 13" triple zone (dual output) ride cymbal (LE-13CR3) that I can't get the Bell feature working on in eDrumin, so I took to the forums and did some searching and found another thread that Rob himself replied to saying that Lemon bell sense doesn't work and will probably never work with the eDrumin (this post here if you're interested). However, in the main post of this thread, the Lemon 3 zone dual output rides are listed as working with bell sense using the Roland 3 zone dual output selection (which I've tried).

Obviously I understand this is an unofficial support thread, but are there different Lemon 3 zone rides that work in different ways and some do have a working bell sense feature? I'm only asking because I was ready to return my Lemon and spring for a Roland, or should I keep working on it?

Thanks for the lovely community you guys seem to have here by the way!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Bell sense is a feature where a hits to the bell can be detected without using both inputs of a 3 zone cymbal. Bell sense works for select Roland cymbals, but not Lemon cymbals.

However, using the both cables, you should no problem getting all three zones (bow, edge, bell) from that cymbal using the 'Roland 3-Zone Ride' padtype.
36KrazyFists

Post by 36KrazyFists »

Rob wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:37 am
Bell sense is a feature where a hits to the bell can be detected without using both inputs of a 3 zone cymbal. Bell sense works for select Roland cymbals, but not Lemon cymbals.

However, using the both cables, you should no problem getting all three zones (bow, edge, bell) from that cymbal using the 'Roland 3-Zone Ride' padtype.
Yep, I get that now. I guess I should have read more of the manual and/or watched some of your videos before posting :-)

I think the problem is my Lemon ride doesn't seem to be outputting anything from the second output... I think it might be broken. I've already ordered a used Roland 3 zone and am returning the Lemon one.

Thanks again!