Aftetouch is coming to Ableton Live 11

Martin

Re: Aftetouch is coming to Ableton Live 11

Post by Martin »

Rob wrote:Does the note have to be 5 seconds long?
Is this for me? I'm not sure yet. I was going to try it soon. I just learned about it yesterday.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

eDRUMin can already send notes for choking. Looks like I just need to sandwich the aftetouch between the note on and off.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Rob wrote:eDRUMin can already send notes for choking. Looks like I just need to sandwich the aftetouch between the note on and off.
I was just going to edit my post, looks like it is a gate time thing, so perhaps that is what you mean with "sandwich." Not sure it matters as some of this is beyond me, I just want it to work or be able to learn to set it up...which means I may need to understand the how, maybe not the what/why. At any rate, I hope this helps people. I love Ableton, hoping it continues to evolve. I'm still trying to bypass VSTs like SD3 etc. with the Ableton drum rack, but the hi hat has been a challenge as noted in another post.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'm able to see the aftertouch in Ableton 11, but it won't work with the eDRUMin unless I make a way to have cymbal notes ring out for a lot longer than they currently do. Will have to wait.