Can I hook 4 edrummin 4s together??

Intini

Re: Can I hook 4 edrummin 4s together??

Post by Intini »

I didn't want to wait for eDRUMin10, and I got 3 eDRUMin4s. Plugged all three on my PC and when I open the eDRUMin App they all show up. Well, the first time you plug them there may be a little hiccup (one missing) but you just unplug and plug the one missing and voilà - they all show up forever after. I am using them all flawlessly with SD3 and EZD3. I have a 5-piece drumkit (fitted with custom triggers) with 3 Yamaha PCY-155 cymbals and a Roland VH-10 hi-hat. You just need to "tune" the settings to your liking and it consistently works every time. I will still get an eDRUMin10 when it becomes available - in a year from now - to get even more inputs. But as of now I still have 3 pedal inputs and 3 stereo inputs available! I love eDRUMin and Rob (the owner of Audiofront and mastermind behind eDRUMin) gives a fantastic technical support.
AndreaZanini

Post by AndreaZanini »

Intini wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:08 pm
I didn't want to wait for eDRUMin10, and I got 3 eDRUMin4s. Plugged all three on my PC and when I open the eDRUMin App they all show up. Well, the first time you plug them there may be a little hiccup (one missing) but you just unplug and plug the one missing and voilà - they all show up forever after. I am using them all flawlessly with SD3 and EZD3. I have a 5-piece drumkit (fitted with custom triggers) with 3 Yamaha PCY-155 cymbals and a Roland VH-10 hi-hat. You just need to "tune" the settings to your liking and it consistently works every time. I will still get an eDRUMin10 when it becomes available - in a year from now - to get even more inputs. But as of now I still have 3 pedal inputs and 3 stereo inputs available! I love eDRUMin and Rob (the owner of Audiofront and mastermind behind eDRUMin) gives a fantastic technical support.
Thank you so very much Intini, I will soon pull the trigger. Self-birthday present day approaching.
____
Andy
Intini

Post by Intini »

AndreaZanini wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:29 am
Thank you so very much Intini, I will soon pull the trigger. Self-birthday present day approaching.
I believe that you will not regret it! For use with VSTs, eDRUMin is fantastic! The fact that you can combine units is what makes it shine even more. Happy birthday!
Bryantbu2b2

Post by Bryantbu2b2 »

AndreaZanini wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:59 pm
No XLR needed here. You need a USB hub of good quality (maybe better if powered?) and that's it. So 4 Edrumins plugged into the hub and the hub plugged into your computer.
I am building a PC to run these and music production. I was wondering what you think between 16 and 32 gbs of RAM.

Thanks!!
Sly

Post by Sly »

16 gb are usually far enough. But if you really abuse Superior drummer 3 by enabling every tom and cymbals, every bleed channels and every mic, you could have a kit that exceed 16gb.
Intini

Post by Intini »

Bryantbu2b2 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:16 am
I am building a PC to run these and music production. I was wondering what you think between 16 and 32 gbs of RAM.
Thanks!!
What VI do you plan on using on your new PC? That will dictate the processor and memory.

I can talk about my case. But this may be an overkill for you. I run a lot of things on my PC (with Intel i9 9th Gen), from DAWs (Studio One, Ableton Live, Pro Tools) to record, mix and master my music to video editor (DaVinci Resolve) to edit music videos recorded in 6K. As an example, during a music recording/editing/mixing on Studio One, I saw my Windows PC memory going close to 40GB. I use a lot of VIs simultaneously, not only SD3 and EZD3. I have 64GB of RAM and it is being enough for now. My next PC will certainly have more than 64GB (minimum 128GB as of now). If you want to use a lot of VI synths, get a high end (and high clock) processor, near 5GHz. A fast processor is very important for intense VI synths and effects processing. It all depends on what you would like to do.
Bryantbu2b2

Post by Bryantbu2b2 »

Intini wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:58 pm
Bryantbu2b2 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:16 am
Thanks!!
What VI do you plan on using on your new PC? That will dictate the processor and memory.

I can talk about my case. But this may be an overkill for you. I run a lot of things on my PC (with Intel i9 9th Gen), from DAWs (Studio One, Ableton Live, Pro Tools) to record, mix and master my music to video editor (DaVinci Resolve) to edit music videos recorded in 6K. As an example, during a music recording/editing/mixing on Studio One, I saw my Windows PC memory going close to 40GB. I use a lot of VIs simultaneously, not only SD3 and EZD3. I have 64GB of RAM and it is being enough for now. My next PC will certainly have more than 64GB (minimum 128GB as of now). If you want to use a lot of VI synths, get a high end (and high clock) processor, near 5GHz. A fast processor is very important for intense VI synths and effects processing. It all depends on what you would like to do.
So I've actually got the computer built and I'm trying to run ezDrummer but I'm having the hardest time setting it up. Is there any way we can get in contact and get this working? Idk how to fix what's going on
Intini

Post by Intini »

Bryantbu2b2 wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:10 am
So I've actually got the computer built and I'm trying to run ezDrummer but I'm having the hardest time setting it up. Is there any way we can get in contact and get this working? Idk how to fix what's going on
Hi, Bryan!
I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time setting up ezDrummer. Can you let us know the specs of your PC and operating system and what is your whole setup in terms of pads, Audiofront's gear (the whole signal path from pads to the USB port, etc. It helps a lot if you can give as many details as possible. Also, have you tried Audiofront's support given by Rob, the owner of Audiofront? Rob is a very helpful and incredibly dedicated and knowledgeable person.