ATV Artist Drums

Rob
Site Admin

Re: ATV Artist Drums

Post by Rob »

Turn the crosstalk control on your snare to 15 (currently at zero), relax the snare's decay slightly and make the rimshot range control look more this:
rsr.png
rsr.png (24.48 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I found a potential issue with the crosstalk implementation in situations where a high scaler value is used. I'll test a fix tonight and get back to you.
Superfish

Post by Superfish »

May i suggest a thing, put the BT-1 on a small stand for itself with a tom holder. And you will never be concern about false triggering again. This was the perfect solution for me. And the bonus is that you can hit hard or soft without any problems.
whoisjb

Post by whoisjb »

Certainly an option. Just wanted to confirm if I simply had my settings off. I do use my drums to play live gigs and getting set up quickly is critical with many venues. I always try to simplify my gear wherever I can. Adding another stand for something as small as the BT-1 seems like overkill. I might try a mount that would attach to an existing stand where it might be easier to cancel any crosstalk issues. I appreciate Rob's efforts on this and I'm sure it will benefit others who are attempting to use the BT-1 auxiliary pad as it was intended, and the main reason why people buy it, to attach it directly to the drum.
Superfish wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:44 am
May i suggest a thing, put the BT-1 on a small stand for itself with a tom holder. And you will never be concern about false triggering again. This was the perfect solution for me. And the bonus is that you can hit hard or soft without any problems.
Last edited by whoisjb on Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whoisjb

Post by whoisjb »

Hey Rob, I made those changes and it does appear to help. I find that sometimes I get the rim click instead of a rimshot a little bit easier on the snare but I can adjust my playing enough to make sure I'm striking enough of the head and the rim at the same time. If you resolve a fix for the high scalar value, even better. Thanks again for being such a big help to all your customers!
Rob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:47 am
Turn the crosstalk control on your snare to 15 (currently at zero), relax the snare's decay slightly and make the rimshot range control look more this:rsr.png