Direct into SD3

ledoov

Direct into SD3

Post by ledoov »

Hello
i don't own any music software like ableton, etc... i just want to run SD3 with eDrumin directly. is that possible?
anton

Re: Direct into SD3

Post by anton »

Hi
Sure, you can run SD3 standalone without any DAW
ledoov

Post by ledoov »

Thanks. Now i just need to find the perfect headphones with enough power from my MACBOOK PRO to give me the thump i'm after and the nuance of the details.
monospace

Post by monospace »

You can certainly run SD3 standalone and plug your headphones straight into your Mac, but I would recommend at the very least least a small headphone amp in that scenario ($30 on Amazon.) If you can swing it, consider a simple audio interface like the Behringer U-Phoria ($50) or the Scarlett Solo ($100) for more oomph.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

The Scarlett Solo is nice and I almost bought one myself but I went with the 2i2 because it has separate adjusters for monitor and headphone output levels.
ledoov

Post by ledoov »

monospace wrote:You can certainly run SD3 standalone and plug your headphones straight into your Mac, but I would recommend at the very least least a small headphone amp in that scenario ($30 on Amazon.) If you can swing it, consider a simple audio interface like the Behringer U-Phoria ($50) or the Scarlett Solo ($100) for more oomph.
Thanks. Scarlett is usb-c so I’ll go for that. Now do I get 30/80/250 ohm headphones/ :?: everything is a new rabbit hole in this edrum world. :geek:
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

ledoov wrote:
monospace wrote:You can certainly run SD3 standalone and plug your headphones straight into your Mac, but I would recommend at the very least least a small headphone amp in that scenario ($30 on Amazon.) If you can swing it, consider a simple audio interface like the Behringer U-Phoria ($50) or the Scarlett Solo ($100) for more oomph.
Thanks. Scarlett is usb-c so I’ll go for that. Now do I get 30/80/250 ohm headphones/ :?: everything is a new rabbit hole in this edrum world. :geek:
The hole is deep my friend with many different tunnels. :D